British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

16 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Diana me thinks.

You were correct it is Diana Ross affectionately known to me as Tina 

Edited by scoobydoo

Bates trying to buy and cheat his way to the title.

Bates brought Sheffield up to ensure we had a Premiership league this seasons so British Speedway bosses have given him the all clear to cheat by booking Mountain.

It's a case of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. 

Edited by KingoftheTrack

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Typical BS from the custodians

Mountain has no Prem average and his Champ figure is too high, 

2.58 is his rolling GSA on the Lynn website

2.55 is his average for Lynn this year.

Earlier in the season I took issue with Anders Rowe guesting for Bates as his average was too high. I was told Rowe can be considered BOTH a rising star and a rider with a GSA to it was ok for him to ride as rising stars don’t use their average when guesting, only their star rating. It was typical BS from the powers that be as they strained to get one over the Aces. 

Now it’s changed so rising stars DO use their average (even though officially they don’t have one, as per the green sheets.) so it’s ok. It’s typical BS from the powers that be as they strain to get one over the Aces - again. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ouch said:

Earlier in the season I took issue with Anders Rowe guesting for Bates as his average was too high. I was told Rowe can be considered BOTH a rising star and a rider with a GSA to it was ok for him to ride as rising stars don’t use their average when guesting, only their star rating. It was typical BS from the powers that be as they strained to get one over the Aces. 

Now it’s changed so rising stars DO use their average (even though officially they don’t have one, as per the green sheets.) so it’s ok. It’s typical BS from the powers that be as they strain to get one over the Aces - again. 

I wouldnt say its just to get one over the Aces in particular...

It's just the usual 'make it up as you go along' nonsense...

All the fans (that are still left), should be used to it by now.. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

2.58 is his rolling GSA on the Lynn website

2.55 is his average for Lynn this year.

Thanks for that - although rising stars have no official average so his Champ ave should surely apply

Also perhaps I am under the wrong assumption that his Prem average was voided given the gap and that he had been riding Champ only both prior to to and post covid......

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thanks for that - although rising stars have no official average so his Champ ave should surely apply

Also perhaps I am under the wrong assumption that his Prem average was voided given the gap and that he had been riding Champ only both prior to to and post covid......

His Championship GSA divided by 1-5 is 2.66 so he fits any way.

I think the GSA issues should be updated and show averages (actual or converted) for all 3 leagues or N/A as appropriate, I see no good reason why meetings home and away should not be listed as well.

List alphabetical instead of in teams per division.

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

His Championship GSA divided by 1-5 is 2.66 so he fits any way.

I think the GSA issues should be updated and show averages (actual or converted) for all 3 leagues or N/A as appropriate, I see no good reason why meetings home and away should not be listed as well.

List alphabetical instead of in teams per division.

His Championship average is 5.32, divided by 1.5 makes it 3.55.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Same song isnt it ,  the team info has come from BV website so they seem happy for Mountain to be included but having just seen the yorkshire weather on tv for tomorrow no one will ve riding unless its on jet skis . Mountains "average" for Newcastle must of be higher for October

Goes down to 5.19 which converts to 3.46

His average should be 2.56 I believe.... 

Based on multiplying his Div One average by his Div Two average, and then adding in his non existent RS average....

You then divide this total by the hypotenuse of a Dairylea Triangle (Reduced Fat)....

Or, if the equation is worked out on a day that isnt a fixed race day for his Div One team, then a supermarket own label cheese triangle can be used....

Or a piece from a 600g bar of Toblerone if one is to hand. ..

(Not a white Toblerone though, only a dark chocolate one).....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

In a world of  four riders doing four laps we get bogged down in averages, rising stars , doubling up, down, guests , r/r etc.:blink:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

In a world of  four riders doing four laps we get bogged down in averages, rising stars , doubling up, down, guests , r/r etc.:blink:

And then some seem surprised when many don't take it seriously, and find other things to do... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Goes down to 5.19 which converts to 3.46

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

His Championship average is 5.32, divided by 1.5 makes it 3.55.

Which begs the obvious question if you are both correct how is he replacing Stefan Nielsen who is on a 3.00 average ?