British Speedway Forum

This is why temp tracks should be banned from holding GP's

Hold the British GP at Belle Vue FFS! Get rid of the crappy Warsaw GP too and hold that round in Grudziadz or something as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TTT said:

This is why temp tracks should be banned from holding GP's

Hold the British GP at Belle Vue FFS! Get rid of the crappy Warsaw GP too and hold that round in Grudziadz or something as well.

Agreed - it's not like we're short of permanent tracks that can handle big events with a decent crowd.

• Like 1

What a total embarrassment for the sport, this really is the pits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrlincolncity said:

Its the riders imo, they only know one way now, and thats completely flat out. And thats how speedway is, even jason crump is saying how it is really, “wev ridden worse”

Todays riders have no track craft at all, they all prepare these super fast bikes to go 110% and everything is all about speed, and that just isnt good ingriediance for great speedway. I blame the bikes and the riders

the teack isnt brilliant granted but its unpredictable snd not super smooth

Can’t disagree with much of this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrlincolncity said:

Its the riders imo, they only know one way now, and thats completely flat out. And thats how speedway is, even jason crump is saying how it is really, “wev ridden worse”

Todays riders have no track craft at all, they all prepare these super fast bikes to go 110% and everything is all about speed, and that just isnt good ingriediance for great speedway. I blame the bikes and the riders

the teack isnt brilliant granted but its unpredictable snd not super smooth

There’s a lot of truth in that.

You all miss the main point here, i dont blame any of you, you are blinkered speedway fans, but the truth is its gone too far in 1 direction. The death began when the 4 valve engines came out, then the laydown engines….. suddenly the bikes are uncontrollable and 1 bump and its game over

• Like 4

No disrespect to the SGP2 riders, but I'd avoid tomorrow if it's the same track.... destruction derby

Pretty poor advert for speedway this is I wish they could stage this at some other British track that is permanent.

The organisers must of sent some kids up into the stands to add to the atmosphere and blow some air horns cos this is crap

Agree that Cardiff is a disgrace. A huge expense to create a moto cross circuit. Why, when we have BV?  Ok we can’t get the crowds but for how much longer are people going to pay large amounts for a pretty poor affair.

Iv not been to a meeting for 4 years now, and prior to that iv naybe done 10 since 2006

my dad died in 2006, we went everywhere every weekend, iv done vojens i was at the double header in amsterdam iv been to pocking ullevi wembley white city…. Done loads of big meetings. I was there every week when hans nielsen won everything and gundersen and jan o and all the bloody danes….. lol

i was there when the 4 came off on bend 1 at bradford. I saw leif wahlman ride his last race at kings lynn.

These bikes are crazy today, and tracks must be like polished smooth glossed wood. Super smooth

cos if it isnt, believe me… it would be carnage

This showcase is a shambles, this should be a wake up call, tracks, engines ,tyres, admission prices ,will it ? Will it bollox 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

9th 8 points Fricke

10th 7 points Janowski

11th 6 points Lebedevs

12th 5 points Lambert

13th 4 points Woffinden

14th 3 points Przedpelski

15th 2 points Thomsen

16th 1 point  Ellis