British Speedway Forum

When Woffinden was being interviewed with Ronnie O'Sullivan had to pause the picture to determine if he was wearing a dress or a top and matching shorts 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, R87 said:

I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.  Dreadful place, astronomical prices, nothing to do in the city.  Manchester is a modern, vibrant city with a superb race track.  Cardiff belongs in the 70s.

Speedway fans couldn't care less about atmosphere,  flashing lights and prematch "entertainment"  They go for the racing - which year after year after year is garbage.  The place is utter embarrassment to British Speedway.

The sooner someone grows a pair and sticks the Cardiff contract in the shredder, the better.

This is laughable. 

• Like 3

Just getting back into town, has anyone figured out what gates are open for today?

2 hours ago, jrs said:

If you look back on this thread in the next few hours or so I’m sure R&R will post a few links to streaming of SGP2. I usually find that kergel.ucoz.lv  who streams European speedway is a reliable link.

discovery+ are showing SGP2 on one of their (internet) streams and not on any of their 'channels'

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

When Woffinden was being interviewed with Ronnie O'Sullivan had to pause the picture to determine if he was wearing a dress or a top and matching shorts 

I thought he`d just got out of bed and was still in his jim jams.

26 minutes ago, DJC said:

Just getting back into town, has anyone figured out what gates are open for today?

They've closed gate 4 because of all the ruts & gate 3 is under investigation because a tractor fell down a hole! Gates 1 & 2 ain't looking too clever either! 

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, crazysue said:

I must respectfully disagree, some will only go for the racing, some will only go for the experience and some will go for the experience, expect a not too exciting meeting but hope against hope that things are different this year but still tend to enjoy the weekend. I fall into the last category, however, I believe my speedway fan credentials are pretty good otherwise I wouldn't have spent the last 17 years running a results website for it!

I had planned to go this year, unfortunately ill health and too many beggers wanting holidays at work put paid to that!

More fool you then.

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Really ?  We’ve got a group of 12 and always find something to do and not missed any Cardiff meetings. Yes it is expensive but it always is on event weekends whether it’s Cardiff Manchester Leeds Sheffield  We are not bothered about the fireworks etc but how many kids go and love it. They’ve got to cater for everyone.  The track needs some serious thought last night was a joke. We had 20 heats then tractor racing then semis then tractor racing. Then to annoy fans even more we got the gate draw. Why not do the draw when the tractors were on track. Absolute disgrace. It’s a shame the track experts from belle vue and Ipswich weren’t there to sort it out cus they seem pretty clued when we had problems at Sheffield. In one respect it’s good to see problems do occur at other stadiums cus some on here think it only happens at our track. Anyway does anybody know why the roof was kept shut while we all sweltered in the stadium for nearly 4 hours ?

Roof shut to stop track drying out and to get air con to woek

1 hour ago, crazysue said:

Pubs, restaurants, cafes etc are not just wants but needs for the travelling fan. I went to Formula E a couple of weeks ago and as a travelling fan, one of the first things we needed was food and drink (non alcoholic) after our journey and then again after qualifying and before the main race.

A speedway meeting is just a speedway meeting, a GP is a whole different kettle of fish with a different audience (youngest will go to a GP, he won't go to a league meeting) where the whole experience of the day and not just the meeting, counts.

If you want a permanent track with good capacity what about Ipswich. 

Don't they get 10000 plus for stock car world finals

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, R87 said:

More fool you then.

A little respect would go down well.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you want a permanent track with good capacity what about Ipswich. 

Don't they get 10000 plus for stock car world finals

You forgot good RACING.

• Haha 1

I haven't watched any TV coverage for a few years but was impressed with Scotty Nicholls' interviews. Plenty of interesting discussion with former champions and current riders

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KrisB said:

I haven't watched any TV coverage for a few years but was impressed with Scotty Nicholls' interviews. Plenty of interesting discussion with former champions and current riders

Yep, I will go along with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1