British Speedway Forum

On 7/20/2022 at 9:26 PM, hammer1969 said:

After numerous tries managed to get tickets into See tickets wallet/app but took a number of goes to get the app to actually open, so there will be a big queue behind me if the same happens at Cardiff. I am going to contact the Stadium and ask them what arrangements they have in place to give fans access to the stadium should their internet/mobile provider have signal  problems on the 13th August and they unable to access their tickets.  If I get a reply I'll post the outcome.  Although it says they won't accept screen shots for entry I took them anyway as a backup to the confirmation email of my ticket purchase that I shall be taking with me to Cardiff.

If you've successfully downloaded the tickets into the app ahead of time then you don't need connectivity/network access to open the app and see the tickets.  You can test this by putting your phone into flight/airplane mode and opening the SeeTickets Wallet app.

Shambolic system as the reviews of the app on the AppStore will tell you.

The Speedway Star need to interview the meeting promoter- Paul Bellemy(ex BSI chief) about the whole ticket situation and the fans fears etc. This needs to be very much sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

The booking this year is ridiculous and don't forget you need the Seetickets app to download tickets, read some of the above comments  (we were originally told Principality app). Anyway I have 2 suggestions as See Tickets has no phone contact number, although you can email them but don't hold your breath waiting for a reply, try ringing the stadium on Monday and see if they can help, the number is 0844  249 1999. The second is a bit daft but it works out cheaper than 5 of the cheapest single tickets, you purchase 2 blocks of family tickets which I think came to £182 excluding app delivery fees etc and it was about £100 cheaper than 5 singles, you then have 8 seats so you can spread yourselves out (daft idea I know but so is this stupid ticket system) but honestly you really shouldn't have to purchase tickets you don't need just to sit together.  The powers (or idiots) that be should realise families come in all shapes and sizes nowadays.  

Thanks for your help and they wonder why the sport is dying over here ! 

I have never missed Cardiff but now I am seriously thinking of cancelling my hotel never known a system so stupid that you can’t get your tickets it’s an absolute joke 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The Speedway Star need to interview the meeting promoter- Paul Bellemy(ex BSI chief) about the whole ticket situation and the fans fears etc. This needs to be very much sooner rather than later.

Here's an idea, why don't we all ask him today? Anyone have his email?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Thanks for your help and they wonder why the sport is dying over here ! 

I have never missed Cardiff but now I am seriously thinking of cancelling my hotel never known a system so stupid that you can’t get your tickets it’s an absolute joke 

I'm pretty sure that the system is down to the stadium and the ticket vendor rather than anything to do with speedway.

It was a bit of a faff getting the tickets to download. I would certainly use a laptip or pc rather than a phone app to do that.

Once you have them, though, it's all pretty simple and next time people will know what to expect so it will be easy.

It is odd to announce that tickets would download onto the stadium app and then change that later. I wonder why they did that.

This is pretty normal for vuying tickets these days though. I went to Dinosaurs in the park in Northampton last week and had to download an app (Skiddle) for that too.

I'm sure people will still be able to pay on the day. It never sells out.

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I'm pretty sure that the system is down to the stadium and the ticket vendor rather than anything to do with speedway.

It was a bit of a faff getting the tickets to download. I would certainly use a laptip or pc rather than a phone app to do that.

Once you have them, though, it's all pretty simple and next time people will know what to expect so it will be easy.

It is odd to announce that tickets would download onto the stadium app and then change that later. I wonder why they did that.

This is pretty normal for vuying tickets these days though. I went to Dinosaurs in the park in Northampton last week and had to download an app (Skiddle) for that too.

I'm sure people will still be able to pay on the day. It never sells out.

Let's hope your correct and there is still pay on the day available, I think they should still give us the choice to print out tickets from an email then scan it at the turnstile as in the past it would save all these problems, especially for fans who do not possess a mobile/ipad and bought tickets back in January without realising they needed an app, there are some as I have spoken to someone in this position. I have emailed the stadium and asked this along with other questions but have yet to receive a reply. 

All this technology is getting ridiculous let's hope next year we won't need those ridiculous headset/glasses things so we buy our tickets and just sit in our houses wearing them and watch the GP as if we were in the stadium, mind you would save on petrol and hotel bills!

33 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Let's hope your correct and there is still pay on the day available, I think they should still give us the choice to print out tickets from an email then scan it at the turnstile as in the past it would save all these problems, especially for fans who do not possess a mobile/ipad and bought tickets back in January without realising they needed an app, there are some as I have spoken to someone in this position. I have emailed the stadium and asked this along with other questions but have yet to receive a reply. 

All this technology is getting ridiculous let's hope next year we won't need those ridiculous headset/glasses things so we buy our tickets and just sit in our houses wearing them and watch the GP as if we were in the stadium, mind you would save on petrol and hotel bills!

As someone who regularly tells my family that mobile phones are the work of The Devil, I agree that it is ridiculous.

However, I am derided as old fashioned for this. I was even scoffed at for saying it would be better to send out a pdf. Apparently pdfs are so, like, old skool.

Once you get the tickets it's easy enough, although I can't imagine TGI Fridays putting a load of QR codes in frames on their wall instead of old concert tickets in 20 years time.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Article in Wales on line re GP if anyone wants to read if I've done link correctly (no mention of ticket fiasco though)

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/special-features/world-championship-speedway-returns-full-24478321

To anyone under 50 it's probably not a fiasco at all. Unfortunately that rules out about 75% of the crowd.

• Sad 1

Downloaded the SEE tickets App went through all the registration and confirmation and still no tickets shown...:( what a load of tosh.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Downloaded the SEE tickets App went through all the registration and confirmation and still no tickets shown...:( what a load of tosh.

The app, as far as I can tell, is rubbish. Log in on the website and download them. Then they will appear in the app.

I had some issues initially getting the app to work but once I'd logged in on my laptop and downloaded the tickets they appeared on my phone. I'm 72 and managed it. I agree, the app isn't the best I've ever used but I have seen much worse. Hopefully now I have the app next year should be a lot less of a problem.

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The app, as far as I can tell, is rubbish. Log in on the website and download them. Then they will appear in the app.

How do I download them from the website .

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

How do I download them from the website .

Thank you.