British Speedway Forum

If you look at the SGP standings in last week SS it’s a bit of a mess.Patrick Dudek is bottom on 16 pts,Brennan who scored 2 pts is on 1,and Flint who scored2 is on 0.Bit of a hangover from Dan’s win me thinks.!!!

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If you look at the SGP standings in last week SS it’s a bit of a mess.Patrick Dudek is bottom on 16 pts,Brennan who scored 2 pts is on 1,and Flint who scored2 is on 0.Bit of a hangover from Dan’s win me thinks.!!!

Brennan does have 1 GP point and Flint zero.

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They both scored 2 pts in  The meeting though.!!

I think as first reserve Brennan  ranks above Flint's second reserve so 'breaking' the tie.

Cardiff stages the supercross in October, it will be interesting to see if their crowds hold up to other events , also heard a rumour that they told the speedway GP organisers to leave the track in as they were impressed by the air jack holder got off one of the bumps

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Haha 3

On 8/20/2022 at 6:24 PM, keepturningleft said:

Interestingly, the Cardiff attendance was probably no worse than many Wembley events during the mega golden periods of the 60's and the 70's which weren't world finals.

Check out, if you can, the superb wrap around photo on the current issue of Classic Speedway, showing a crowd around 25,000 for GB v Russia.

No need to panic about Cardiff attendances just yet.

No need to panic yet

If what I have been told is true the question supporters should be asking is how many of the 22,000 supporters at this years Cardiff GP actually paid for their ticket.

£62 for middle tier this year and quotes of £70 for 2023 have left me thinking enough is enough.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

No need to panic yet

If what I have been told is true the question supporters should be asking is how many of the 22,000 supporters at this years Cardiff GP actually paid for their ticket.

£62 for middle tier this year and quotes of £70 for 2023 have left me thinking enough is enough.

Paid £65.00 for middle tier ticket. (That is with reduction, should have been about £80?)

18 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

No need to panic yet

Not looking for an argument... but why would you pay £62/£70 for a middle tier ticket when you can get a top tier ticket for £22.50? I've sat in both sections and I'd say because of the steeper angle of the top tier you get a better uninterrupted view imo.

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not looking for an argument... but why would you pay £62/£70 for a middle tier ticket when you can get a top tier ticket for £22.50? I've sat in both sections and I'd say because of the steeper angle of the top tier you get a better uninterrupted view imo.

That’s the point though isn’t it, in your opinion, as in previous conversations our opinions are different.

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

That’s the point though isn’t it, in your opinion, as in previous conversations our opinions are different.

have you been in the top tier?

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

have you been in the top tier?

No we haven’t 

16 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Paid £65.00 for middle tier ticket. (That is with reduction, should have been about £80?)

I know a few people that didn’t pay anything for a middle tier ticket both on the bends and the straights.

Edited by bigcatdiary

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

No we haven’t 

give it a go, I think you may be surprised and you have pretty much free roam when you're up there with the current crowd levels