British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Panthers favourites

Definitely all to play for not over yet, I said before both meetings will be tight, it is up to Bellevue to come out all guns blazing on Thursday 

15 minutes ago, jimg said:

You mean,  lets face them while they have only half a team, MPT riding with broken fingers, and Hans and Ulrich out,  YOU ARE ALL HEART, speedway fans want to see a close match whoever wins,  there is enough silly rules in it already, I would hope any team facing what Panthers are now would get some sort of common sense shown by the BSPA , this not a mickey mouse match, we start with 7 riders and lucky if you finish with the same seven,  unlike football who start with 25, it would make a mockery of our great sport if this Highlight of the season FINAL, ends in a walk over because of injuries and BSPA rules, which as per your post, you do.

Jimg           

You are obviously one of those people who doesn't read the thread properly, I've already said I didn't agree when my own team benefitted fromm special dispensation in 2018, fair play and integrity us more important to me. I also said P'boro can still win whoever guests, they only scored 6 from Ulrich and Hans' rides last night so no reason why they couldn't cover again at home on Thursday if their scores were that low once more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw42 said:

That would possibly be a fair post if Bagpuss were an Aces supporter.  

Just assumed he was, due his comment, most speedway fans want a competitive Final , especially after last nights comeback by the Panthers

Jimg   

3 minutes ago, jimg said:

Just assumed he was, due his comment, most speedway fans want a competitive Final , especially after last nights comeback by the Panthers

Jimg   

Last nights comeback from Panthers was incredible, however I am certain BV  fans would be screaming foul if and leeway given to Panthers for Final

1 minute ago, jimg said:

Jimg   

Of course, that's what we all would like but the injury to Hans could've happened in the early heats on Thursday night, would you then be requesting some sort of special dispensation for the remainder of the meeting?  It's a 2 legged final, whatever happens after the start of it is just the way things go, you can't start changing the rules to suit one or the other team, it's game on now.  

I'm hoping that Thursday will be just as close and good a meeting as last night, whoever wins will deserve the trophy because they won over 2 legs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a link to a live stream on Thursday please? 

Eurosport player

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You are obviously one of those people who doesn't read the thread properly, I've already said I didn't agree when my own team benefitted fromm special dispensation in 2018, fair play and integrity us more important to me. I also said P'boro can still win whoever guests, they only scored 6 from Ulrich and Hans' rides last night so no reason why they couldn't cover again at home on Thursday if their scores were that low once more. 

Yes I  also remember When POOLE signed Mescoviak  ( not sure of spelling ) on a 4+  ave for a month got to an 8  

and signed Greg Hancock for another win, unless I got that wrong as well 

Jimg   

7 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Eurosport player

I don't want to pay a monthly subscription just for one meeting.

7 minutes ago, jimg said:

Yes I  also remember When POOLE signed Mescoviak  ( not sure of spelling ) on a 4+  ave for a month got to an 8  

and signed Greg Hancock for another win, unless I got that wrong as well 

Jimg   

We did sign Hancock but that was before the cut off.

29 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Last nights comeback from Panthers was incredible, however I am certain BV  fans would be screaming foul if and leeway given to Panthers for Final

Ah well

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I don’t agree. Rightly or wrongly, the rule is clear. As Wolves, Sheffield, Belle Vue and Peterborough were the teams in the play offs, then none of their riders are allowed to guest for any other play off team. It would be absurd to allow guys like Morris, Schlein, Douglas, Howarth, Batchelor, Becker, Pickering etc to guest for Hans in the final. 

I get it could seem absurd but only slightly more absurd than allowing anyone from KL and Ipswich to ride...

And no more absurd than letting all riders from all teams cover for each other all through the season to help the eventual four teams qualify...

Something quite happily allowed..

You can't run something all season contriving septets togethe on a weekly basis then put restrictions on just because it is a final...

By the very fact of the way it is ran all year, the winning of the competition is completely devalued anyway, and whoever wins will hardly raise a ripple of acknowledgement from any of the wider sporting public.. 

Therefore, let's just run it in keeping with all the "qualification matches" that led up to it, and try and ensure the 2nd Leg is as competitive and exciting as the 1st...

And bring in whoever is allowed as per their average rather than their team..

Why is there a cut-off for signing riders? Riders don't stop getting injured after the cut-off.

Panthers should be allowed to bring in Woffinden (7.03). Imagine how good it would be for speedway to see Woffinden in the final. It would be in the best interests of the sport.

• Haha 1