British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

I wanted to watch the Belle Vue v Ipswich meeting on my Discovery+ App last night, but it kept freezing so it wasn't at all enjoyable.  I only recently decided to switch to this service, and have paid an annual subscription, but am disappointed and won't renew, as I never had any problems with freezing and such like when I watched Eurosport through my BT package.  

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I wanted to watch the Belle Vue v Ipswich meeting on my Discovery+ App last night, but it kept freezing so it wasn't at all enjoyable.  I only recently decided to switch to this service, and have paid an annual subscription, but am disappointed and won't renew, as I never had any problems with freezing and such like when I watched Eurosport through my BT package.  

I have Discovery+ and get no problems when the match is on.  I am with BT as broadband supplier and I pay for fast fibre (150 MB/s).  How fast is your broadband speed? Have you changed your Broadband supplier? and maybe speed has changed if you decided to save costs
Thing I don’t get on with Discovery+ Is finding the speedway program. Getting the hang of it then I loose it all and have to search again. So far that has not affected viewing, just miss a bit of chat.

Edited by OveFundinFan

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

No issues for me last night

21 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I have Discovery+ and get no problems when the match is on.  I am with BT as broadband supplier and I pay for fast fibre (150 MB/s).  How fast is your broadband speed? Have you changed your Broadband supplier? and maybe speed has changed if you decided to save costs
Thing I don’t get on with Discovery+ Is finding the speedway program. Getting the hang of it then I loose it all and have to search again. So far that has not affected viewing, just miss a bit of chat.

No issues for me either, ever. I've only got a 50mb Virgin Media connection

No issues for me through Discovery+ either.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:30 PM, Skidder1 said:

Well they have repeated it in a double page spread in this week's Speedway Star.  All GPs will be live on Eurosport 2

Didn't mention SoN though :lol:

Hi, apologies if this has been discussed on here or elsewhere on the forum...I have just found out that i receive Discovery+ via my Sky Q vip package, great so i signed up etc yet when i look around on the screen i cant find the Sport section, am i being thick or is it a case that i actually need to subscribe/pay for that part?...only want it for the speedway.

Many thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Odds On said:

Hi, apologies if this has been discussed on here or elsewhere on the forum...I have just found out that i receive Discovery+ via my Sky Q vip package, great so i signed up etc yet when i look around on the screen i cant find the Sport section, am i being thick or is it a case that i actually need to subscribe/pay for that part?...only want it for the speedway.

Many thanks in advance.

Speedway is not available on Discovery+ via SkyQ box. Only available on App by subscription.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SPD444 said:

Speedway is not available on Discovery+ via SkyQ box. Only available on App by subscription.1

Thank you for this, do you happen to know how much the subscription is and is it then available to watch on Sky Q....sorry for the questions etc - not as young as i once was

3 minutes ago, Odds On said:

Thank you for this, do you happen to know how much the subscription is and is it then available to watch on Sky Q....sorry for the questions etc - not as young as i once was

I think generally it's £60 a year, though if you get it at the right time of year, I got mine for £30. I think you may be able to get it for around £7 per month

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odds On said:

I think it’s about £5.99 per month.  Discovery+ is available on SkyQ but not any Sport.  Have to us App on iPad or phone and you can “cast” it to  a smartTV.

• Like 1

Discovery Entertainment + Sport £5.99 per month or £59.99 per year. if you have an Amazon Fire Stick you can download it to that, saves having to cast from a phone.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone...so it looks like i have to pay for it, which is fair enough just didn't think i would have to!

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I think generally it's £60 a year, though if you get it at the right time of year, I got mine for £30. I think you may be able to get it for around £7 per month

Me too. It was during the Australian Open Tennis when they had that offer on so I signed up while I had the chance.

• Like 1