British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I can't see Kennett improving his average, but everyone else could do once they get dialed in on the unique Plymouth track. As long as they beat Poole @ Wimbourne road I will be happy as will many others! People have overlooked that Richard Lawson's 2021 season finished with injury, has he fully recovered? might take a while to get back in the grove.

I've just wet meself with laughing so much! :rofl:

Well one thing, it shows how sh*t hot us Pirates are when all are encouraged to beat us so I've got to say I admire yer balls! :t:

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I can't see Kennett improving his average, but everyone else could do once they get dialed in on the unique Plymouth track. As long as they beat Poole @ Wimbourne road I will be happy as will many others! People have overlooked that Richard Lawson's 2021 season finished with injury, has he fully recovered? might take a while to get back in the grove.

Comedy gold. Doubt very much Plymouth will win anywhere apart from Plymouth tbh! But maybe you should practice spelling Wimborne Road correctly in preparation! lol

• Like 2

Well with that final piece in the Plymouth 1-7 jigsaw, this is one Poole fan who is breathing a sigh of relief!!!:rofl::t:;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

So does MPT and Hans ride in the Danish League? If they do then maybe the Wimborne Road fixture v Plymouth will be on a Wednesday?!

Wow, Lawson owed nearly 8k from Eastbourne and he doesn't want Ian Jordan anywhere near speedway. Maybe that was one of the sticking points with Plymouth? Reported in KL local paper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, Lawson owed nearly 8k from Eastbourne and he doesn't want Ian Jordan anywhere near speedway. Maybe that was one of the sticking points with Plymouth? Reported in KL local paper.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/lynn-rider-owed-8k-by-crisis-club-9227047/

Thats a pretty shocking read to be honest. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lawson is nothing to do with Plymouth  wrong thread. :t:

I don't know if Ian Jordan is still involved in Plymouth but based on the unpaid debts he has left from Eastbourne he should be banned from all speedway. That goes for any promoter who has unpaid debts. They should receive lifetime bans. It's disgraceful and I feel for any rider that has had this happen to them over the years.

• Like 4

Some Poole fans on here are so happy to tell us we will be crap everywhere we go on our travels,I can’t wait till you announce your team as I will pull it apart like you have ours that’s if some not all can pull there heads out of there own arses to read it you would think you had won  next years league already. I await your wonder teams 1-7 with baited breath if it’s going to be so easy why don’t you go into the big boys league and try and win that.,and let some of the rest of the minnows win something.it must be hell of a boring battering teams every week wouldn’t you prefer close racing and meetings which could go either way.or is it the Poole way just win at all costs.

• Like 2

Got to say that Plymouth are being severely underrated on the BSF.

Eddie Kennett - Branded a risk because of his average but let's not forget a serious question here and that is the following. How committed was Eddie to Eastbourne last season when he wasn't being paid? I wouldn't bother trying by riding the boards or taking any risks knowing I wasn't going to get any cash for it.

Ben Barker - Way better than his average suggests. No.1 at Newcastle and now he's going to be a second string on a track he knows inside out.

Hans Andersen - will flourish around Plymouth. Look at how he rides and scores around Monmore. He bring a wealth of experience to the team and he's much better than his Championship average suggests.

Michael Palm Toft - Not being biased here as a Panthers fan but Michael is one of the most underrated riders in Britain. Improving year on year in the Premiership against higher quality 1-7's so he shouldn't have any problems.

Alfie, Dan & Atkins bring youth to the team and the experienced riders in the team should help the young trio improve across the board. Youngsters are fearless these days and they only look one way and that's up.

I see 3 average improvers who can put a minimum 2.50 points combined on their starting GSA's (MPT, Hans & Barker) followed by two youngsters who've got potential to increase their starting GSA as well (Bowtell & Gilks)

Eddie's average will drop imo but he'll be formidable at Home and Home form is a key topic in this sport.

Edited by KingoftheTrack
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Got to say that Plymouth are being severely underrated on the BSF.

Eddie Kennett - Branded a risk because of his average but let's not forget a serious question here and that is the following. How committed was Eddie to Eastbourne last season when he wasn't being paid? I wouldn't bother trying by riding the boards or taking any risks knowing I wasn't going to get any cash for it.

Ben Barker - Way better than his average suggests. No.1 at Newcastle and now he's going to be a second string on a track he knows inside out.

Hans Andersen - will flourish around Plymouth. Look at how he rides and scores around Monmore. He bring a wealth of experience to the team and he's much better than his Championship average suggests.

Michael Palm Toft - Not being biased here as a Panthers fan but Michael is one of the most underrated riders in Britain. Improving year on year in the Premiership against higher quality 1-7's so he shouldn't have any problems.

Alfie, Dan & Atkins bring youth to the team and the experienced riders in the team should help the young trio improve across the board. Youngsters are fearless these days and they only look one way and that's up.

I see 3 average improvers who can put a minimum 2.50 points combined on their starting GSA's (MPT, Hans & Barker) followed by two youngsters who've got potential to increase their starting GSA as well (Bowtell & Gilks)

Eddie's average will drop imo but he'll be formidable at Home and Home form is a key topic in this sport.

Seems a very fair unbiased informed opinion to me ,this is something some fans from a certain club (we all know who) are incapable of doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Some Poole fans on here are so happy to tell us we will be crap everywhere we go on our travels,I can’t wait till you announce your team as I will pull it apart like you have ours that’s if some not all can pull there heads out of there own arses to read it you would think you had won  next years league already. I await your wonder teams 1-7 with baited breath if it’s going to be so easy why don’t you go into the big boys league and try and win that.,and let some of the rest of the minnows win something.it must be hell of a boring battering teams every week wouldn’t you prefer close racing and meetings which could go either way.or is it the Poole way just win at all costs.

And chill....:D

Some of your fans have said that Plymouth will be unbeatable at home but not do much away. Interesting it is only a problem when a Poole fan says it!

You can actually have close racing in a comfortable victory like Poole vs Glasgow in the regular league fixture. As long as the racing is good that is the main thing followed by a home win, no one wants to lose home meetings as that will affect future crowds at most places. 

• Like 2

If I was going to make comparisons with teams made most announcements I'd say Berwick look the strongest, Plymouth and Leicester about on a par and Newcastle weakest. If (big if I know) this was to be continued with the teams yet to announce I'd say that team looks like in the 4th-8th category depending on injuries etc

55 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Not this Poole fan! Plymouth will be strong home and away and have a fantastic lineup. Going to be an entertaining season and I already look forward to my visit in 2022 when Poole are in town. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2