British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

17 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Edinburgh v Glasgow. is the only other fixture taking place on Friday - so are you suggesting lack of rider availability for guesting purposes? 
Although better still:
It would be ironic if the reason the fixture at Leicester couldn't take place is because riders from Poole and/or Leicester were guesting for Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Surely they would just withdraw the guest booking?

You also have to wonder why Poole have accepted the provisional fixture

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

You also have to wonder why Poole have accepted the provisional fixture

I think the home team has to offer 3 dates, so maybe Leceister did this Saturday, next Saturday and the Saturday after? Plus who knows how insistent Leicester are for this Saturday?

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I think the home team has to offer 3 dates, so maybe Leceister did this Saturday, next Saturday and the Saturday after? Plus who knows how insistent Leicester are for this Saturday?

Would be nice to hear from Poole on this for their fans, it does take two to tango

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Oh well it is what it is, Wouldn't Leicester city game be in the afternoon.

Some people can't afford both

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Would be nice to hear from Poole on this for their fans, it does take two to tango

Matt Ford is on twitter and Dan is on Instagram so there are ways of asking them! Whether you get a reply IDK. Especially if they think it's going on the forum! ;)

Personally I'm not that bothered, I have no interest in the SoN.

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Some people can't afford both

Surely mostly Season ticket holders for the football so already paid long ago, anyone who can afford a football match ticket these days surely can afford speedway as well especially considering it will probably be their last meeting of the season.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Surely mostly Season ticket holders for the football so already paid long ago, anyone who can afford a football match ticket these days surely can afford speedway as well especially considering it will probably be their last meeting of the season.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch:D

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I did say probably!

Maybe would have been a better word :nono:

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

Maybe would have been a better word :nono:

Ray, are you really telling people what word to post??! If you don't like it, that is your problem! FB can use whatever word he likes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ray, are you really telling people what word to post??! If you don't like it, that is your problem! FB can use whatever word he likes.

Likes or chooses? :rofl:

• Like 1

It baffles me all this -_-

It has been on the Leicester fixture list all season as a reserved date for play off’s so if you buy tickets to SON you made the decision to potentially miss the Lions in the play offs.  

Leicester is a Saturday night track so why would they diverse from their regular race night when it’s not needed for what will be their biggest meeting of the season & it will severely hit crowd numbers running on a non Saturday. You may pick 1 or 2 people traveling up-to Manchester if you ran Friday but you will gain more fans by running on your regular race night which has been proven in the past.

Would you see Poole running their leg any other night regardless of what is going on elsewhere not a chance . 

This can be added to the list @iainb can complain about to the club enjoy SON ;) #neverhappy

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

It baffles me all this -_-

It has been on the Leicester fixture list all season as a reserved date for play off’s so if you buy tickets to SON you made the decision to potentially miss the Lions in the play offs.  

Leicester is a Saturday night track so why would they diverse from their regular race night when it’s not needed for what will be their biggest meeting of the season & it will severely hit crowd numbers running on a non Saturday. You may pick 1 or 2 people traveling up-to Manchester if you ran Friday but you will gain more fans by running on your regular race night which has been proven in the past.

Would you see Poole running their leg any other night regardless of what is going on elsewhere not a chance . 

This can be added to the list @iainb can complain about to the club enjoy SON ;) #neverhappy

Makes no odds to me really, I'll be at Belle Vue watching some world class speedway, you'll be watching a load of 3rd rate crap at Leicester.

Leicester, a Saturday night Track... unless the Football is on the TV, or the weather forecast looks a bit dodgy, or there's no ambulance... or it's a Tuesday :rofl:

2 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

I really don't think the Speedway of Nations will effect the regular Saturday night crowd too much.

Its not ideal, but to run on a completely off night to accomodate a few who have SON tickets is not viable imo. 

It may mean a few watching a recorded SON when they get home, but thats life...its worked for one or two GP's this year, and crowds haven't been that bad.

Personally i've got a ticket for Villa v Wolves on Saturday afternoon and i'm still going to make it to Leicester..guess i've got lucky there with proximaty and timings.

Ermmmmmmmmm..............................Leicester are racing at home tonight on a TUESDAY so how is that VIABLE????? I imagine the crowd will be pretty poor as I know a few who attended on Saturday are not going tonight purely because of what happened.

When the weekend was free of other domestic meetings I assumed clubs had been told that they couldn't race or were respecting the SON.

Leicester holding a meeting on Saturday is therefore a tad disrespectful to a major international meeting. Doesn't matter about the start times being different imo!!

• Like 2