British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions Play off semi Final1st Leg 13th October

Leicester using r/r this evening so they can use their preferred guest on both Wednesday and Saturday.  If they had booked say Harris for this evening then he wouldn't be able to guest on Saturday due to the 8-day rule.

r/r tonight should be more than adequate with the lead the Lions have already!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Stewart Dickson said on Leicester speedway twitter that they have a guest lined up for tomorrow. It has to be Harris. 

Of course it is. While there is little between Andersen and Harris at Leicester, Harris is far superior to Andersen around Poole. We need all our riders on top form tomorrow to take a lead to Leicester. No room for passengers. I think this is going to be extremely tight with Leicester strengthening up.

2 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

My guess was Adam Ellis 

Interesting but not allowed as rides for play off team! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course it is. While there is little between Andersen and Harris at Leicester, Harris is far superior to Andersen around Poole. We need all our riders on top form tomorrow to take a lead to Leicester. No room for passengers. I think this is going to be extremely tight with Leicester strengthening up.

Yes Steve agreed, we have to be on top form, it isn't that we can't beat Harris with our riders but he loves riding there, very rarely has a bad meeting at Poole and just have to hope his mind is on the Premiership final. 

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes Steve agreed, we have to be on top form, it isn't that we can't beat Harris with our riders but he loves riding there, very rarely has a bad meeting at Poole and just have to hope his mind is on the Premiership final. 

Regardless of who the guest is, it's what happens on the night. As I stated when starting this thread ideally we would be racing the first leg away, but because of rain-offs and other issues this is where we are.

Poole and Leicester are both great sides so it could go either way.  Let's hope the wheel of fortune is withe the Pirates 

Bring it on.

2 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Regardless of who the guest is, it's what happens on the night. As I stated when starting this thread ideally we would be racing the first leg away, but because of rain-offs and other issues this is where we are.

Poole and Leicester are both great sides so it could go either way.  Let's hope the wheel of fortune is withe the Pirates 

Bring it on.

Yes agree with you, Harris is the guest on Poole website now and they have Douglas at 2 and Dan Thompson at 3 which is a bit strange,usually the 3rd weakest rider is at 2 which for us is Hume, having Basso at reserve is a big plus for us. I hope Harris is in self preservation mode and thinking about tomorrow night but probably will give it everything as usual. 

37 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Bring it on.

Yes BRING IT ON!

I'll be at Wimborne Road tonight and I'll love it absolutely love it when we KICK ASS and make the 2nd leg as nonsensical as having it run against the SON!!

BASSO ON THE GASSO is the man that will embrace his 7 ridea and run riot! Watch out ere he comes!

Harris? Who the hell is Harris? :D

C'MON ERE THE NOISE COZ WE ARE THE BOYZ!

C'MON THE PIRATES 

#piratepride :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

That's our Neil getting carried away again. 

The majority of Pirate's fans are more pragmatic.  We know it will be a tough two legged affair which could go either way.

Good luck to you but of course I am hoping it's Poole who prevail.

• Like 1

Can't see Harris making much difference, Poole will win this comfortably over two legs and really ought to win the final too injuries permitting.

28 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

That's our Neil getting carried away again. 

The majority of Pirate's fans are more pragmatic.  We know it will be a tough two legged affair which could go either way.

Good luck to you but of course I am hoping it's Poole who prevail.

Hey c'mon Rob, shout shout let it all out! :D

Wots that?......Chris Harris is guesting for Poole tonight! :rofl:  oh my! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip