British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Friday/Saturday - 15/16 October

Feel 16 will just be a touch too far for us. Conceding the 5-1 and 4-2 in heats 14/15 on Sunday killed it for us imo. 
However another performance like Tuesday and there’s every chance. 

I fear the worst but that's always case for me. Wells been improving of late a solid 8 points be acceptable, no reason broc not going well on the small tracks. Sam and Tom would accept 3-3s all night from. Big unknown at reserve, Connor come on leaps and bounds since last visit to the dump, won a heat at Newcastle as a guest for the enemy I believe so hopefully no fears of the track now. Marcin, who knows. He's an experienced rider I'm sure he'll can ride it might just be the set up will be an issue.

My prediction, 50-40 on Friday, 48-42 on Saturday (if it's on)

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I fear the worst but that's always case for me. Wells been improving of late a solid 8 points be acceptable, no reason broc not going well on the small tracks. Sam and Tom would accept 3-3s all night from. Big unknown at reserve, Connor come on leaps and bounds since last visit to the dump, won a heat at Newcastle as a guest for the enemy I believe so hopefully no fears of the track now. Marcin, who knows. He's an experienced rider I'm sure he'll can ride it might just be the set up will be an issue.

My prediction, 50-40 on Friday, 48-42 on Saturday (if it's on)

I would rather have the 50 40 on Saturday. Connor was excellent for Monarchs at Newcastle. Great prospect.

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I would rather have the 50 40 on Saturday. Connor was excellent for Monarchs at Newcastle. Great prospect.

Yeah needs track time, hopefully gets picked up by prem team next season should this RS nonsense continue or a place in an improved NL might be better

16 is too much to pull back without quite a bit of good fortune. Secretly hoping the weather gets the better of things for Saturday so I can get along to any reschedule. 

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

16 is too much to pull back without quite a bit of good fortune. Secretly hoping the weather gets the better of things for Saturday so I can get along to any reschedule. 

Feel to have any chance we need to have first leg.

26 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Feel to have any chance we need to have first leg.

Not sure. It’s not worked in the cup but I like racing at home knowing what you need to do. 

Just wondering if Edinburgh have found a loophole in the regulations in using Jason Edwards as a guest in so many of their last meetings after the team change and signing deadline passed?

Is there (or should there be) a rule limiting the number of time one particular rider can appear as a guest for the one team?

Don't get me wrong as I think it's great a young British rider is getting the opportunity to ride especially when he is prepared to travel to Scotland for meetings when so many other have declined the chance to ride for Glasgow or Edinburgh in the past but it begs a few questions.

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Just wondering if Edinburgh have found a loophole in the regulations in using Jason Edwards as a guest in so many of their last meetings after the team change and signing deadline passed?

Is there (or should there be) a rule limiting the number of time one particular rider can appear as a guest for the one team?

Don't get me wrong as I think it's great a young British rider is getting the opportunity to ride especially when he is prepared to travel to Scotland for meetings when so many other have declined the chance to ride for Glasgow or Edinburgh in the past but it begs a few questions.

I did wonder myself about the 8 day rule not being applied. Only thought was as he's not in a declared championship team and technically an NL guest? As you say not that want to see him lose the job just asking for clarification

44 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I did wonder myself about the 8 day rule not being applied. Only thought was as he's not in a declared championship team and technically an NL guest? As you say not that want to see him lose the job just asking for clarification

The 8 day rule doesn't apply to a NDL guest which is what Edwards is.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spt82 said:

The 8 day rule doesn't apply to a NDL guest which is what Edwards is.

Thanks, confirms my thoughts :t:

Craig Cook did his job for Peterborough last night but his night seemed to go downhill after his chain break in ht9 then he retired when using his 1st bike again ,maybe more damage was done as he seemed to make a quick get away with his journey home and possible bike issues to sort out ready for tonight.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Craig Cook did his job for Peterborough last night but his night seemed to go downhill after his chain break in ht9 then he retired when using his 1st bike again ,maybe more damage was done as he seemed to make a quick get away with his journey home and possible bike issues to sort out ready for tonight.

Oh I do hope he gets them fixed. :D

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Oh I do hope he gets them fixed. :D

His Glasgow bikes probably never left his workshop.:P