British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

So 3 clubs stopped Dan Bewley from riding for belle Vue aswell as 2 other leagues this season. 

You started this pish.  Want to retract it and apologise?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

You on the Vino tonight Dick.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I wonder if Belle Vue would've gone ahead if the deal was we accept the conditions for Polish priority but where the riders are unavailable as a result then there is no facility allowed

Can't have your cake and eat it.....

If it was away meetings he missed I doubt the Aces would have bothered too much, if at all...

He would have been at the NSS most Mondays so home crowds would have been good...

And, let's be honest, that is the key priority in Speedway, as it helps ensure survival.

In fact, going away with an NDL reserve would probably save a fair few quid, so the best of both worlds...

For decades many a team have gone away missing their best riders but (miraculously), always seeming to have their best available for home fixtures, so it wouldn't be anything new...

Whatever has prevented it happening, it's a shame for British Speedway as a team with Fricke and Bewley would have been a crowd puller wherever they went...

Read the official British speedway comment no british club blocked Bewley

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

TUESDAY, MARCH 1, 2022

BRITISH Speedway Chairman Rob Godfrey has moved to clarify the situation regarding the availability of riders who have contracts with Polish Ekstraliga clubs.

Regulations currently state those riders can only appear in one other league but dialogue has been taking place between the Danish, Swedish, British and Polish Federations on this matter.

Said Godfrey: “I think it’s important to clarify where we are at with the situation after some incorrect claims I have seen on social media, some of which have been prompted by a rider.

“Over several months representatives of the various federations have been in dialogue regarding the ruling and agreement has been reached to restart these discussions from the summer onwards with 2023 in mind.

“I sincerely hope positive discussions can continue which result in more riders becoming available to Premiership clubs in British Speedway next year.

“Anyone who suggests Premiership clubs have blocked any rider signing for a club because the rule has been changed is completely incorrect.

“That said, I’m hoping things will work out for all parties concerned, and I believe they can, for 2023 and the Premiership can see more riders returning.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

How did I start it, Dan put it on. 

And don't belive everything Godfrey tells you 

48 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Think I can believe this statement, why didn't belle vue agree or deny  Bewleys claim

52 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Oh dear… Godfrey’s not going to release an official statement lying about it. If it was true it would of been kept quiet. 

11 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

The whole situation is a fiasco and the flames are being fanned by misinformation by idiots on social media. 
If you read the bv press release about Smith leaving it says he planned it “months ago” and everything was going to a plan. Which all seems very odd but we must believe bv and not assume bv are misleading us from the truth even though the PR at bv is rubbish. 

It's the BSPA and promoters who set the fire with their complete lack of openness - they are so used to doing stuff their own way, with no transparency. Remarkably - they are happy to blame their paying customers (on whom they rely for cash flow and essentially their existence) for all the resulting rumours and gossip.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Maybe Dan thought it was funny.  Maybe Belle Vue should put out a statement to clarify it from their point of view if you say Godfrey is not telling the truth. I don't know why he would lie in an official statement. 

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oh dear… Godfrey’s not going to release an official statement lying about it. If it was true it would of been kept quiet. 

Totally agree

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It's the BSPA and promoters who set the fire with their complete lack of openness - they are so used to doing stuff their own way, with no transparency. Remarkably - they are happy to blame their paying customers (on whom they rely for cash flow and essentially their existence) for all the resulting rumours and gossip.

Well they are right gossip and rumours were put out by fans

55 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Agreed. I wouldn’t trust the clown Godfrey, the man’s an idiot and he talks total Bull Sh••!! 

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Agreed. I wouldn’t trust the clown Godfrey, the man’s an idiot and he talks total Bull Sh••!! 

Even by BSPA standards Godfrey is an embarrassment to the sport.