British Speedway Forum

So let`s get this straight, Bewley signs to ride again for Wroclaw in 2022, under an existing Extraleague  rule permitting him to ride in 1 other league.

He then  signs for Smederna in Sweden. He then along with Belle Vue management thinks he can force the Poles to change their rules  in order to ride in 3 leagues total.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Do keep up - there has been no rule change

Something must of changed, Dan Bewley rode in the French league on the 19th of February.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Yes im with you here. I think the new ruling for the uk where a rider from polish top league can ride three leagues is very recent. With us being last clubto announce isuppose we are able to go for riders in polish top already engaged in denmark and sweden.

I can half understand why other uk clubs might feel we have had a bit of an advantage as we technically we have more roders to approach than they did by completing their teambuilding early.

It obviously shows the uk teams would drop a lot of their signed riders if they could 

Do you not understand the rules have not changed Bewley can't ride for the Aces he is already signed for polish and Swedish clubs

3 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Something must of changed, Dan Bewley rode in the French league on the 19th of February.

No it hasn`t the French league is not classified as one of the  other leagues- same as german league

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So what now for the Aces final 2 riders. It was to be Bewley and Thomson. Will Thomson still be in the mix or will it all be down to availability and averages?

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If that`s the truth and nothing but the truth- why did Bewley sign for Smederna before Belle Vue ?

Money money money…so who can blame him? 

26 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Yes.  Definitely seems the case that the Poles have dropped the two league only rule.  Godfrey is trying to spin it some other way, because other teams completed their teams early, while Lemon looks like he had inside info from Poland and waited for the rule to be dropped.  The teams who completed early seem to have gone bellyaching to Godfrey about being outsmarted.  Would be interesting to know which 2 PL teams supported the Aces and which 3 put the block on their legal team declaration.

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Yes.  Definitely seems the case that the Poles have dropped the two league only rule.  Godfrey is trying to spin it some other way because other teams completed their teams early, while Lemon had inside info from Poland and waited for the rule to be dropped.  The teams who completed early seem to have gone bellyaching to Godfrey about being outsmarted.  Would be interesting to know which 2 PL teams supported the Aces and which 3 put the block on their legal team declaration.

Completely wrong !!!! read the BSPA statement. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Completely wrong !!!! read the BSPA statement. 

I've read Godfrey's statement .   I've also read Dan Bewley's comment which caused Godfrey's hasty panic statement.

Which one is true?   Well, I make that call based on which person I believe has no reason to lie, and which one I believe has a documented history of not being entirely truthful.

Bit of Background Reading

Edited by RoundTheBoards

5 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

I've read Godfrey's statement .   I've also read Dan Bewley's comment which caused Godfrey's hasty panic statement.

Which one is true?   Well, I make that call based on which person I believe has no reason to lie, and which one I believe has a documented history of not being entirely truthful.

Bit of Background Reading

Poland have not changed the rule !!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Poland have not changed the rule !!!!

You're entitled to believe what you want to believe.   But keep saying it doesn't make it true.   (nor does a silly amount of exclamation marks!)

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Haha 1

Just now, RoundTheBoards said:

You're entitled to believe what you want to believe.   But keep saying it doesn't make it true.

So why hasn`t one other rider come out to congratulate the Extraleague authorities in easing  the 1 league rule !!!- you are clutching at straws !!!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Yes.  Definitely seems the case that the Poles have dropped the two league only rule.  Godfrey is trying to spin it some other way, because other teams completed their teams early, while Lemon looks like he had inside info from Poland and waited for the rule to be dropped.  The teams who completed early seem to have gone bellyaching to Godfrey about being outsmarted.  Would be interesting to know which 2 PL teams supported the Aces and which 3 put the block on their legal team declaration.

I give up

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

So why hasn`t one other rider come out to congratulate the Extraleague authorities in easing  the 1 league rule !!!- you are clutching at straws !!!!!

And why was Bewley's comment hastily withdrawn. You wouldn't put out a official statement that wasn't true you would keep quiet. 

54 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No it hasn`t the French league is not classified as one of the  other leagues- same as german league

Has that always been the case that it is only the "major" leagues that count or is that something that changed since the initial introduction of the rule (not necessarily now, but maybe before last season or sometime)?