British Speedway Forum

Just now, Speedtiger said:

Yeh ok BUT only 3 weeks to go until first meeting and we’ve not a got a full team yet!  that very poor and surely can NOT be part of the plan. 

"It'll be alright on the night"...

Or maybe a few weeks after...:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Yeh ok BUT only 3 weeks to go until first meeting and we’ve not a got a full team yet!  that very poor and surely can NOT be part of the plan. 

No. They made a complete disaster of it this season. But who knows. Could all work for once. 

.just need Sheffield to fall to bits :D

I swear a couple weeks ago we was told the deals had been done and just waiting for the riders to dot the i’s and cross the t’s and all Would be revealed imminently? Is this no longer the case with Said riders ? 

26 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I swear a couple weeks ago we was told the deals had been done and just waiting for the riders to dot the i’s and cross the t’s and all Would be revealed imminently? Is this no longer the case with Said riders ? 

Them said riders were Dan Bewley and kye thomson. 

That as now changed and now they working  on plan z

57 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Them said riders were Dan Bewley and kye thomson. 

That as now changed and now they working  on plan z

Im not holding my breath but maybe just maybe lemon will surprise us all…:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

No. They made a complete disaster of it this season. But who knows. Could all work for once. 

.just need Sheffield to fall to bits :D

And you need Peterborough to fall to bits too plus Lemon needs to make good decisions during meetings which isn't usually the case. In my opinion last year's final was as much to do with Lyon who is a top team manager. 

• Like 1

Maybe with the current situation in Ukraine, which let's be honest seems to be getting worst each day. Poland could be in a position, though hopefully not, where non Polish riders would make themselves available for team changes in GB.

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

And you need Peterborough to fall to bits too plus Lemon needs to make good decisions during meetings which isn't usually the case. In my opinion last year's final was as much to do with Lyon who is a top team manager. 

Yeah. Mark as to take some of the blame, other factors also are Missing Brady was much more crucial for us and they took advantage of ulrichs rich vein of form early in season. 

Nevertheless Borough won. And deserved the trophy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Them said riders were Dan Bewley

Lets be honest it was a stupid plan A once Bewley had signed for a Elitserien club, he'd have been daft to give up his spot at Wroclaw and Polish authorities were never likely to change their rules.

• Like 1

To be Fair to Mark Lemon, I think Bewley was plan B or C.  Plan A was Batchelor, but Mark didn't factor in that Batch might get a better offer elsewhere. As soon as Batchelor went to Ipswich then Belle Vue were always back peddling a bit with many other riders sorted by then 

13 minutes ago, wtf said:

To be Fair to Mark Lemon, I think Bewley was plan B or C.  Plan A was Batchelor, but Mark didn't factor in that Batch might get a better offer elsewhere. As soon as Batchelor went to Ipswich then Belle Vue were always back peddling a bit with many other riders sorted by then 

Aye, if you belive it, batch had agreed to ride for us then went ipswich for the money before he signed his Contract, (nothing wrong with that)

Then plan B was tai woffinden and trying to persuade him to do a whole season and not just home meetings. 

Then plan C was Dan Bewley and kye thomson, and that very nearly came off. 

Now we're on plan D, wither lebedevs and tungate or lebedevs and Jye. 

Whatever people think of mark he's tried his dam hardest to put out a competitive team and not just any old team to fill the numbers. He's not give up and kudos to him for that. And eventually he's gave us a good team which will be revealed soon

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

And eventually he's gave us a good team which will be revealed soon

You’ve been saying that since Christmas :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You’ve been saying that since Christmas :P

Well everything alway seemed finalised. But he's a bit like an incompetent man. Fails to finish :lol:

• Haha 1

If Lebedevs is a defo then I'd rather have Etheridge over Tungate. Just think he'd be more committed to the cause. Cheaper as well with no flights to cost in.

So is it likely all will be revealed this week or will there be a bit of a surprise and just see who turns up for press and practice