British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Edinburgh v Poole KO Cup Final 1st leg - 2.30pm Saturday 23rd October

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You realise riders don't live at the track right? Glasgow I expect only Connor stays in Glasgow, Edinburgh I don't know if any of them will. Maybe the Aussies. 

Only Kye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

One of the biggest meetings in both clubs season yet it’s not being streamed. Tinpot

Did you complain in 2019 when nobody streamed?!! lol

josh hasnt stayed in Scotland this season although I would imagine all 7 would have stayed overight somewhere.  Hopefully they all have somewhere to work on their bikes as most seemed down on power last 2 matches.  

huge match for the Monarchs be great to win the cup, i'm hatching a plan to get to Poole on wednesday although midweek probably means 3 days off work.  Shame they can't stream but it takes a pretty decent setup so not something easy to just do.

Monarchs stream has been a godsend for me, having to isolate this week for Covid meant i've missed the 3 biggest meetings of the season.  As they have the stream i haven't missed any of it, brilliant and very impressive service I hope everyone gets on the stream today for a national cup final.  out of quarantine in time to go to poole.

i watch the stream on my tv through the firestick on the Amazon silk internet browser, has worked like a dream for both matches so far.  I would have went mental without it this week

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scotchopper said:

josh hasnt stayed in Scotland this season although I would imagine all 7 would have stayed overight somewhere.  Hopefully they all have somewhere to work on their bikes as most seemed down on power last 2 matches.  

huge match for the Monarchs be great to win the cup, i'm hatching a plan to get to Poole on wednesday although midweek probably means 3 days off work.  Shame they can't stream but it takes a pretty decent setup so not something easy to just do.

Monarchs stream has been a godsend for me, having to isolate this week for Covid meant i've missed the 3 biggest meetings of the season.  As they have the stream i haven't missed any of it, brilliant and very impressive service I hope everyone gets on the stream today for a national cup final.  out of quarantine in time to go to poole.

i watch the stream on my tv through the firestick on the Amazon silk internet browser, has worked like a dream for both matches so far.  I would have went mental without it this week

quite agree cant understand why we are not streaming both of these meetings . as i see streaming could be the savoir of speedway in the uk 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

then why are we in the second division of speedway then ?:party::D

No pleasing you is there, reading your comments  :blink::rofl:

one thing i would say is it is not as easy as some think to have a live stream, you need more than just rocking up with a camera and an internet connection.  Edinburgh have been working on it for 3/4 years and have been evolving the service to where it is now.  Even this year over the course of the season they have continued to improve adding replays and improved the graphics, it really is quite impressive.  To do it all in house means they can cover every match and have done all Monarchs and Devils matches this season.  I wish more away fans had tuned in this season, i really think if more had known about it and seen it they would really see the benefit.  If you are a poole fan and not travelling today you shouldefinitely check it out www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/emtv   

Glasgow pay QTV for their service, they do other sports including scottish football teams during lockdown.  It is a pretty good service as well although not sure many clubs could afford that, i hope they got enough folk watching so they can continue to do it next year. I watched on thursday and was glad to have access, well i was until about ht6.

Was great to see Redcar get there stream started although i was at the meeting so not seen it in action.

Edited by scotchopper
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No pleasing you is there, reading your comments  :blink::rofl:

Go back to sleep its not spring yet :cheers:

• Haha 1

Well the stream is up and running. Currently 64 watching it. Overcast breezy day. Track looks well watered and fine. 

Hume through the bloody tapes. 112 now watching. Looks like Basso coming out. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the stream is up and running. Currently 64 watching it. Overcast breezy day. Track looks well watered and fine. 

I didn't realise it was on this early! Glad I didn't pay for it as off into Bournemouth soon to visit my baby niece. I assumed it was in the evening! 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hume through the bloody tapes. 

Taking gating lessons from James Sarjeant by any chance.

2-4. Good start Worrall all the way. 136 now watching the stream. 

6-6. We missed the gate badly! 
shows the value of the stream. 150 viewing is £1800 into the coffers. Good HD stream. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

6-6. We missed the gate badly! 
shows the value of the stream. 150 viewing is £1800 into the coffers. Good HD stream. 

And without it being in house it'd be still struggling to break even.