British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Black pudding is for breakfast only, and not something I go out of my way to eat. Bound to be a late night restaurant in the city somewhere.

Could be 'Haggis Supper' - once they're in batter they look pretty similar out of the chippie.

4 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Like to know where your getting your information from? It's a 100% better than earlier in the season.  

Definitely. But then if they haven't been, then they wouldn't really know! If anyone went to the meeting vs Brum and compare the track with that to now, it is a million times better. 

4 hours ago, GS550 said:

Just generally.  Have heard that mentioned a number of times over the years in match reports etc, and also on a televised match (BT Sport or Eurosport) where they mentioned parts of the track to avoid and/or couldn't be raced full throttle on.  All/any of it secondhand info hence "reportedly" and "allegedly".  All tracks have imperfections, 3rd bend Ashfield was sorted out during the covid shutdown and break last year.

It has been mentioned a lot on here, how much it has improved since the summer. 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I doubt any Polish rider would struggle at Poole, I am expecting him to go well at both meetings but whether he can beat Basso consistently is another question.

There has been the odd one that takes a couple of meetings to get to grips with it, hopefully he's one of them!;) Doubt it though. 

They used to have the World Surfing Championships on the Waves of Wimborne Road, dunno where they gonna have them now! :rofl:.......Holder & Ward won the World Pairs every year :party:

Shame that coz all the Aussie lads thought they were back on the Gold Coast! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

4 hours ago, GS550 said:

Eh?  :o

Yes but not a Buckingham Palace dining table size, just a regular sized one! ;) Anyway thankfully no one got hurt and it forced their hand a bit to really sort the track out which they did, so that's good. I don't go dreading what it's going to be like anymore :t:

• Like 1

In my best Sean batty voice (Scottish weatherman for those not accustomed) been dry all day today and to be same again tomorrow so should be a decent track to race on :D

15 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

In my best Sean batty voice (Scottish weatherman for those not accustomed) been dry all day today and to be same again tomorrow so should be a decent track to race on :D

It is an awesome track at Glasgow, been a few times but last time was 2018 so will have to make another visit soon. Absolutely fantastic what as been done there with the professional promotion. Remember seeing Joe Screen doing his dive bombs on bends 3 & 4, breathtaking. :t:

Can you send the person who properly tarmacked your car park to sort Leicester's car park out. The owner, not promotion, seems to think that his patrons are happy to rally cross their way to a parking spot! I'm the co-pilot & do the navigation! 

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

It is an awesome track at Glasgow, been a few times but last time was 2018 so will have to make another visit soon. Absolutely fantastic what as been done there with the professional promotion. Remember seeing Joe Screen doing his dive bombs on bends 3 & 4, breathtaking. :t:

Can you send the person who properly tarmacked your car park to sort Leicester's car park out. The owner, not promotion, seems to think that his patrons are happy to rally cross their way to a parking spot! I'm the co-pilot & do the navigation! 

Leicester carpark is shocking, trying to avoid potholes is a feat

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

This year best it's ever been, finally sorted out the 3rd bend dip all riders attacking it full throttle. Joe was spectacular, Shane Parker at times was just majestic both in how easy made it look to pass really top guys but his team riding too. 

Been to a few car parks like that, leave with 3 kerbed allows and half a bumper!!

4 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Leicester carpark is shocking, trying to avoid potholes is a feat

Yes it sure is, I used to ride road bikes and you may think being in a car was bad enough.......nearly bought a trials bike to get across! 

Buxton, oh my Buxton was awful for anyone on a motorbike......get into one of those white stone ruts and that was game over!

But anywayz........:rofl:

1 minute ago, Andrew2021 said:

Anyone going up to Glasgee...Im thinking of it.

Nope, I'd like to be but budget not allowing which is a bit do da. Speedway Updates for me.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What an absolute utter pain that this meeting coincides with COP26. Half the cities tourist sites are shut. A large area is cordoned off from the general public, and everywhere will be packed out making for a not very pleasurable experience. Might get to film a protest riot or something though. 

I suppose the best way to get to the stadium is by train to Ashfield, which is quite regular. Return gets us in at 10.25 meaning a rush to the bus station or a curry if one is still open for customers at 10.30. Mr Singhs closes at 10.30pm. Chaakoo Indian cafe is open until midnight and is central. We can take a taxi from there to the airport for allegedly £17. Will the taxis be allowed to hike their prices? Not officially but Sods law they will. 

All we need now is a cracking meeting.

If you put on the Scottish accent they may think your a local and not charge any extra on the taxi. :D

Edited by PirateShip

12 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

are you going up to Glasgow for the meeting Steve?

Yes, there will be a few of us making the trip. Most are driving up tomorrow, me and Rob are being lazy and flying up.

15 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Nope, I'd like to be but budget not allowing which is a bit do da. Speedway Updates for me.

Buy the stream only £11.95.