British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I admire your optimism but a guy whose scored 0 in his last 2 away meetings is not going to have a near 8 point average next season. 

Chic Young told Walter Brian Laudrup wasn’t world class , just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Robert kzeizak went from 5 to 5.2, Peter juul went from 4.5 to 4. It goes both ways unfortunately

Is Wells not rumoured to be riding in Denmark / Sweden next year?

Just now, Gazc said:

Chic Young told Walter Brian Laudrup wasn’t world class , just saying.

After Brian laudrup had won the euros and played with AC Milan. Wasn't aware sam had hit those heights? As I said it's about opinions. If Sam stats and had 7.5-8 point average next season last meeting of season and pints are on me

Just now, Endeavour said:

Is Wells not rumoured to be riding in Denmark / Sweden next year?

So I have heard another meh signing.

Well done Pirates! Best team not only tonight but over the whole season. 

Only 460mile up the road now.. :D

Edited by Cerro
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I admire your optimism but a guy whose scored 0 in his last 2 away meetings is not going to have a near 8 point average next season. 

Far more to it than that.  Way more to it than that.  The boy has shown he's got it.  Very very very few riders can overtake good riders with ease like he does.  He will become more consistent and improve and that's where the increase in his average will come from.  I told the same to those that thought Bowes was a liability on his 6 point average and you're saying the same things as folk did then of Bowes and they all ate their words.

Edited by GS550

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

After Brian laudrup had won the euros and played with AC Milan. Wasn't aware sam had hit those heights? As I said it's about opinions. If Sam stats and had 7.5-8 point average next season last meeting of season and pints are on me

Think it was more to do with Chicco being deluded right enough.

Just now, GS550 said:

Far more to it than that.  Way more to it than that.  The boy has shown he's got it.  Very very very few riders can overtake good riders with ease like he does.  He will become more consistent and improve and that's where the improvement will come from.  I told the same to those that thought Bowes was a liability on his 6 point average and you're saying the same things as folk did then of Bowes and they all ate their words.

See my post to Gaz. As I said all about opinions and will put my money where my mouth is if I'm proven wrong

Just now, Gazc said:

Think it was more to do with Chicco being deluded right enough.

My favourite clip. Archie's comment just makes it

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As I don't think he would improve his average until he returned.

You've got to be kidding.  It's imho not so much a case of IF he will increase his average next season, more about by how much.

By waiting all you'd be doing is handing that increase to another team and then be saddled with a high average on his return.  Crazy.

Just now, GS550 said:

You've got to be kidding.  It's imho not so much a case of IF he will increase his average next season, more about by how much.

By waiting all you'd be doing is handing that increase to another team and then be saddled with a high average on his return.  Crazy.

Again, it's my opinion. I've told you it, no need to be rude about it. I have been willing to accept I'm wrong, you're attitude that you can't possibly wrong I'm sorry it's quite frankly outrageous

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

From reading the comments on here from Glasgow fans, surprised that it appears none of them have expressed a wish to retain Craig Cook as their number one for 2022 :unsure:

Just now, cyclone said:

From reading the comments on here from Glasgow fans, surprised that it appears none of them have expressed a wish to retain Craig Cook as their number one for 2022 :unsure:

Craig's had a tough year, with a lot of pressure as no 2nd heat leader since July. No brainer for me that he comes back personally

• Like 2

Just now, cyclone said:

Maybe not as number one but still at Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Maybe not as number one but still at Glasgow.

If he isn’t number one and stays you are going top heavy . Saying that Tom should put 2 or 3 points onto his average.