British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Robert kzeizak went from 5 to 5.2, Peter juul went from 4.5 to 4. It goes both ways unfortunately

Well it does but not relevant to my point about the riders I listed and that they were on the cusp of sizeable increases in their averages.  I also reckoned that a certain Edinburgh rider was far better than his average at the time before his rise to heat leader, that rider being a certain C Cook about 10 years ago, many including the Monarchs faithful reckoned he was rubbish and should be dropped, I reckoned he had it and would vastly improve his average and the very next season it jumped.

Jensen's average might only increase by half a point, it might be a point or more, but I reckon it will increase.  And that's why it would be crazy to give that to another team.

21 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Well done Pirates! Best team not only tonight but over the whole season. 

Only 460mile up the road now.. :D

Have good trip home:t:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Again, it's my opinion. I've told you it, no need to be rude about it. I have been willing to accept I'm wrong, you're attitude that you can't possibly wrong I'm sorry it's quite frankly outrageous

Nobody is being rude - where????  Here's my post:

"You've got to be kidding.  It's imho not so much a case of IF he will increase his average next season, more about by how much.

By waiting all you'd be doing is handing that increase to another team and then be saddled with a high average on his return.  Crazy."

What "attitude" - where????   Have you been on the beer.  Its just discussion.  Just opinions as you've said.  That's also why I said "imho".

Lighten up.

Edited by GS550

Just now, GS550 said:

Nobody is being rude - where????  Here's my post:

"You've got to be kidding.  It's imho not so much a case of IF he will increase his average next season, more about by how much.

By waiting all you'd be doing is handing that increase to another team and then be saddled with a high average on his return.  Crazy."

What "attitude" - where????   Have you been on the beer.  Its just discussion.  Just opinions as you've said.  Lighten up.

I'll leave it at that. Well done to the pirates, good season for the Tigers far better than I  expected given the team start of season. See you all in the spring

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'll leave it at that. See you all in the spring

Hopefully you'll have binned your mr angry hat by then.  Take it easy.

42 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Agree with you I would have Sam in a heartbeat boy is box office when he is on it,  just a slight niggle about him upping it next season.

But if he returns I would be happy with that.

I agree with another poster,he started to struggle when the track got slicker,he was good on a track with dirt.He was all over the place at Ashfield on Tue.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

odd thing for a Poole fan to say

I've clapped other teams when they won league titles at Poole, it may be through gritted teeth, but still done it. Always good to say congratulations to the winners! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Minor point, why defer to heat 15 and give Poole gate advantage early on? Surely early on needed to hit them hard, not now a meaningless heat 15?

Maybe they thought it would go the distance and might have been crucial.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Why would any TM win the toss holding a ten point advantage take gate choices in heat 15, incredible call. Had to be 1 n 3 all night long.  But then again when Cami has been in charge they have only won the pairs if my memory serves correctly. As the Big Man himself would say FTT!

But Poole chose 2 and 4, so if Glasgow wanted 1 and 3, doesn't make a difference!

• Like 2

Oh dear poor Tigger's another fortune spent/running at a loss and still no trophy . Congrats to Poole

• Thanks 1

best race here was heat nine between ben cook and connor bailey .glasgow ran too many lasts to be in the running .still it was two good meetings to end the season .well done the pirates 

53 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Well done Pirates! Best team not only tonight but over the whole season. 

Only 460mile up the road now.. :D

Safe trip back home! Hope you joined in with all the 'Sweet Caroline' singing ;):D

• Like 1

Commiserations to Glasgow but you did have an excellent group of supporters on Bend 1 who seemed to be enjoying themselves. Safe trip back home. 

• Like 4

Well, I was losing my voice after H4!! lol. Commersiations to Glasgow. H1 set the tone for the meeting I think. Very surprised that Glasgow didn't get a heat advantage all night. Some good racing in there as well especially in H15 when everything was already decided, you wouldn't have known it! 

Good to see Rory get a standing ovation after H12 and when coming to the tapes for H15. Happy retirement!! 

Well first of all, commiserations to all the Glasgow fans who made the very long trip down to Poole today. 460 miles is a long long trip, as I discovered 48 hours ago! You bunch on the first bend supported your team all the way. Proper speedway fans. I hope the miles wiz by on your return tomorrow.

Now I was confident we would pull back the ten points after the first leg, and so it proved. Pirates on it from heat one and half way through the meeting it was all tied up. Couldn’t see where Glasgow would get the heat advantages from and even the ref, Dave Watters, helping Glasgow in heat 13 by awarding Cook and outrageous 2nd wouldn’t be enough.

Poole double winners 2021. Fully deserved. Celebrations and fireworks, and long goodbyes in the clubhouse afterwards. All riders telling how they absolutely want to be back, except of course Rory who read out his King Henry the 5th rallying post he made in the Poole rider group yesterday. Seems so strange he is ending his career when he still has plenty in the tank. But the decision has been made to call time and everyone respects that. We hope in a couple of years time when he is sitting at home in Aus, he doesn’t get the yearning to return.

Tough decisions coming for the Poole promotion. Who to keep, who to say goodbye to. Who would want that job?

After being brought up on top flight speedway, I was dubious about dropping a league. Reality is that it’s better. Virtually the same riders and more teams. What’s not to like? Roll in 2022 and let’s do it all again!

Here’s the end of heat 13. Who thinks Craig Cook got up to second?

• Like 3