Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Max clegg is a lion

Leicester building a collection of Maxes 

Max 1 - Clegg

Max 2 - Perry

Max 3 - James

Who will be next?

Hope Max 1 is better at keeping his front wheel on the track than he was back in 2014

Edited by Big Al
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Al said:

Leicester building a collection of Maxes 

Max 1 - Clegg

Max 2 - Perry

Max 3 - James

Who will be next?

Max Holder! ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I did think you were gonna sign him as he commented on a Leicester or Stewart Dickson tweet on twitter. Nothing personal but glad he's not coming back over.

Also Clegg a lot cheaper than flying an Aussie over but the only way Leicester should have signed Keheller over Clegg is if you get Plymouth in the playoffs. 

Well Max Clegg isn't going to help as no one's going to Newcastle. He averaged 7 there and less than 2 away from home. Zero from 4 at Leicester this year. Although he wasn't at reserves for Newcastle so might be able to score something in heat 2.

28 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Well Max Clegg isn't going to help as no one's going to Newcastle. He averaged 7 there and less than 2 away from home. Zero from 4 at Leicester this year. Although he wasn't at reserves for Newcastle so might be able to score something in heat 2.

You would have thought so! As he is going to have one of the Thompson twins with him then they will be expected to win H2, so all Max has to do is get a third place really and just outscore his opposition reserve and job done. But as I am not a Leciester fan not for me to worry about! I'll leave that up to Iainb and others. :t:

• Haha 1

So the rider who was signed to another club just waiting on being released on 1st July was a lot of tosh then lol.

Clegg should do a decent enough job at reserve you'd have thought, not as good as Edwards though :P

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

It doesn’t really matter what he does at home since we will generally be able to carry someone. The concern is away as, come the play offs, the heat leaders are going to need more back up in the away leg against the leagues better teams.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

So the rider who was signed to another club just waiting on being released on 1st July was a lot of tosh then lol.

Clegg should do a decent enough job at reserve you'd have thought, not as good as Edwards though :P

Don't think that it was. Just once the averages were released he didn't fit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Don't think that it was. Just once the averages were released he didn't fit.

A lot of money wasted on kevlars never to be used 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You would have thought so! As he is going to have one of the Thompson twins with him then they will be expected to win H2, so all Max has to do is get a third place really and just outscore his opposition reserve and job done. But as I am not a Leciester fan not for me to worry about! I'll leave that up to Iainb and others. :t:

You'll be worrying about it when we beat you in the Pay Off final by 2 points because Cleggy has beaten your reserve in heat 2 :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

It doesn’t really matter what he does at home since we will generally be able to carry someone. The concern is away as, come the play offs, the heat leaders are going to need more back up in the away leg against the leagues better teams.

You can't afford to carry anyone in either leg of the play offs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

You'll be worrying about it when we beat you in the Pay Off final by 2 points because Cleggy has beaten your reserve in heat 2 :lol:

The way our form is atm, I'll be happy if Poole make it that far! Never mind what the score is lol.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Dunno... What was the name of that Aussie bloke, Keleher or something, people were tipping him, there's loads of young Aussie's riding in Poland. Or somebody from an NDL team. Or a young Dane, a la Jonas Knudsen at Berwick

I'm not complaining, nothing against Cleggy, just not a name that gets me fizzing and not really an investment in a rider for the future of the club like Knudsen should be for Berwick

The Aussie's in Poland would have a 5 point avg if they have been in a top division squad so would not fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Max Holder! ;)

Max Graversen has stronger links with the Lions

• Like 1