British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

16 hours ago, Winditon said:

Yeah good craic. Kick a club when they're down. It's great isn't it that another club has bit the dust you absolute melon.

Kick a club when its down?, Im commenting that allegedly riders were not being paid not on the fact that a club has closed, as for being a melon it takes one to spot one, now back to the facts Newcastle closed because of Grant not because I hinted at the fact riders may be owed monies.

47 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Kick a club when its down?, Im commenting that allegedly riders were not being paid not on the fact that a club has closed, as for being a melon it takes one to spot one, now back to the facts Newcastle closed because of Grant not because I hinted at the fact riders may be owed monies.

Allegedly and may be. I'm very close to one of the riders and there were no issues of not being paid. You Melon.

Just looking at the Fixture list for the remainder of the season and it's a bit of a Joke! Only 5 home fixtures left, 4 in July and only 1 in August on the 6th and then a looooong wait for the "Summer" Trophy and Pay Off places to sort themselves out... not great

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just looking at the Fixture list for the remainder of the season and it's a bit of a Joke! Only 5 home fixtures left, 4 in July and only 1 in August on the 6th and then a looooong wait for the "Summer" Trophy and Pay Off places to sort themselves out... not great

Yeah I was looking at Scunthorpes remaining home fixtures and it’s similar with 2 summer trophy meetings , 1 league Vs Berwick and a KO cup to be arranged think they would have been better playing everyone twice home and away 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think everyone is the same so if can get the rain offs rescheduled quickly get the play offs at start of September instead of November this year

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I think everyone is the same so if can get the rain offs rescheduled quickly get the play offs at start of September instead of November this year

Looks like it - Redcar are similar, 2 home matches in July, 2 in August both are 1 championship and 1 Summer Trophy.  

Makes sense to do as you suggest and plan for rescheduled matches and make sure there is space in the fixtures list to get the season finished in September.

• Like 1

Leicester can maintain continuity by hosting Cubs' matches on blank Saturdays.   Same is true for Berwick, Edinburgh, Oxford and Plymouth.  No need to worry about short season for tracks with NDL teams.

Edited by crescent girl
Lousy spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I wonder if we'll have a hastily arranged Late Summer Trophy & Autumn Trophy?

And Redcar booked Stuart Robson testimonial for October 1st I think. That will be great if we don’t make the play offs

18 hours ago, iainb said:

I think you will find the majority of the Championship clubs finish in mid August to allow more time for the play offs so everything does not focus on needing a dray day in the final week of October unlike last season.  The following weekend after the 6th is the Cardiff SGP and it would be madness to run against this from a financial and staffing standpoint.

17 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

I think you will find the majority of the Championship clubs finish in mid August to allow more time for the play offs so everything does not focus on needing a dray day in the final week of October unlike last season.  The following weekend after the 6th is the Cardiff SGP and it would be madness to run against this from a financial and staffing standpoint.

Leicester did run against the SoN last season... but I take your point. So we could finish our fixtures on August the 6th and then...? Do you know when the Pay Offs are scheduled for? There's a KoC fixture to be crammed in somewhere IF we can beat Scunny

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Leicester did run against the SoN last season... but I take your point. So we could finish our fixtures on August the 6th and then...? Do you know when the Pay Offs are scheduled for? There's a KoC fixture to be crammed in somewhere IF we can beat Scunny

Not yet as obviously its dependant on where we finish in the league. Remember it's 3rd v 6th & then 4th v 5th. First placed side then gets to choose which of the two winners of these fixtures they face with the 2nd placed team getting the other winner.

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Not yet as obviously its dependant on where we finish in the league. Remember it's 3rd v 6th & then 4th v 5th. First placed side then gets to choose which of the two winners of these fixtures they face with the 2nd placed team getting the other winner.

I thought previously the Pay Off places had been placed in the calendar, it's quite conceivable if we get a wet spell that the Lions won't be riding from the 6th of August until early October by the time the other teams sort their fixtures out and of course if we finish in the top 2... not ideal

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, iainb said:

When they beat Scunny lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know how Dan is after his crash last night?  Will he have to miss next weekends fixtures?

Edited by Happy Hunter
Spelling correction.