British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zaine Kennedy? Had about 2 decent rides in 20 around Poole. Fact out front but nowhere if he misses it. Good luck to him though.

Yeah not a good guest but hopefully we won't need him to be.

Could run with a NL wobbler don’t think it will make a difference. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zaine Kennedy? Had about 2 decent rides in 20 around Poole. Fact out front but nowhere if he misses it. Good luck to him though.

He's one of the ones that Darcy helps, so hopefully Darcy tell him some track secrets ;). Though Zaine does seem to improve each time he comes. Though it should be slightly easier riding for Poole at Poole than against I think.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah not a good guest but hopefully we won't need him to be.

Harsh I think. 

Edit - last 2 visits for Leicester 5 and 4. One time same score as Douglas and both times outscoring Hume.. So if he can get 4/5 again that will be fine! 

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Harsh I think. 

Edit - last 2 visits for Leicester 5 and 4. One time same score as Douglas and both times outscoring Hume.. So if he can get 4/5 again that will be fine! 

We have Basso no worries, the cup is ours. Zaine Kennedy is not that good at his own track let alone at Poole! He may have got 5 and 4  points but he had 6/7 rides!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's one of the ones that Darcy helps, so hopefully Darcy tell him some track secrets ;). Though Zaine does seem to improve each time he comes. Though it should be slightly easier riding for Poole at Poole than against I think.

If we are relying on Zaine Kennedy scoring points to win the cup we are well and truly sunk!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If we are relying on Zaine Kennedy scoring points to win the cup we are well and truly sunk!

What’s your view on Anders at Poole.

Didn't he score 6 points guesting for you?

11 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I like him, definitely got talent always thought he could be good at the bigger tracks but ended up at Ipswich in the Premiership which probably didn't suit  him but i think the Poole track suits his style so i would expect him to get 5 or 6 points, certainly better than Zaine Kennedy. 

16 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I thought he rode well for us 

Great to hear that Stefan Neilsen will be at the stadium on Wednesday. He will be presented with the money from the recent collection PLUS a further donation from the Poole R.E.F. (Riders Equipment Fund!).

With his average (4.79 minus British %) he's gotta be in line for a 2022 team place.

ps. Zaine will be ok - he'll have the full Aussie contingent in the pits advising/assisting!;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I like him, definitely got talent always thought he could be good at the bigger tracks but ended up at Ipswich in the Premiership which probably didn't suit  him but i think the Poole track suits his style so i would expect him to get 5 or 6 points, certainly better than Zaine Kennedy. 

Spoke to him at Ashfield last Thursday. Nice lad still ongoing problems with knee. Had Injury and also a pinched nerve which gets worth after a couple of rides.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Spoke to him at Ashfield last Thursday. Nice lad still ongoing problems with knee. Had Injury and also a pinched nerve which gets worth after a couple of rides.

Oh sounds like he could do with some time off to let his body heal properly and come back stronger next season.

24 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh sounds like he could do with some time off to let his body heal properly and come back stronger next season.

I watched his crash on tv and commented about the angle of his leg as he landed. Nice lad with obvious potential once he gets his knee fixed. The plan is a mixture of rest and physio - good luck lad. I just hope he is not doing more damage continuing to ride

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We have Basso no worries, the cup is ours. Zaine Kennedy is not that good at his own track let alone at Poole! He may have got 5 and 4  points but he had 6/7 rides!

I didn't say it was from 4 rides;). Every point counts in a two legged tie.

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Shouldn't be relying on just one rider, ever! 

• Like 1