British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Maybe two surprises?

Speedway fans often wonder why Poole have been so consistently successful over the last 20 years. The answer is that Matt has been quite ruthless when it comes to selecting his 1-7 and takes no prisoners. No easy ride for the season. If a rider isn’t cutting it, he gets cut himself. Keleher found that out pretty quickly and was extremely lucky to get picked up by Plymouth.

Matt has proved time and again, that a rider who is popular with the fans may not be back the following season. Mark Loram was extremely populat at Wimborne Road but out he went. Replaced by TRick to the shock of the Poole faithful. This time around Ben Basso, who has so much potential to improve could find himself promoting Basso hats elsewhere. 

Will young Danyon Hume, who did brilliantly this gone season, have averaged himself out of a berth? That would be a huge shame if it happened. Matt Fords job is to put together a title winning side and emotions have to be put on the back burner. This worst part of owning and running a speedway team.

Think there will be at least 1 surprise.maybe 2 DK’s at Poole next season.

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think the insiders know why Lawson would not ride in the same Team as Richie Worrell.So we’re Plymouth after Richie.

no 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Even though Geoff is unpopular amongst Poole fans.

I do get a bit of inside info myself and I was told weeks ago that he wouldn't be returning which I posted on a thread to @lisa-colette in the Prem section.

If this Lawson story is true then Steve Worrall is 100% out going by my information as I was told weeks ago that Danny King would be the Pirates No.1 for 2022. 

Geoff is unpopular at bell vue and most tracks from most people's posts on here.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

£££££

Poole prob don't overpay riders as much as you think they do! But they do always pay on time, and that in itself can be the difference between a rider signing for us or another club. 

• Like 3

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Poole prob don't overpay riders as much as you think they do! But they do always pay on time, and that in itself can be the difference between a rider signing for us or another club. 

It's the same at Glasgow. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Wonder wot Chris Holder's average would be now in the Championship? ponder ponder.............Or is that such a ridiculous thing to think about? 

Yes a bit ridiculous considering he is riding in Sweden and Poland next year.

Danny King

Steve Worrall

Richard Lawson

Stefan Neilsen

Drew Kemp

Zack Cook

Danyon Hume

Just a guess / bit of fun and not sure what that team would work out at. But if it fitted, give us the title now. :D

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Danny King

Steve Worrall

Richard Lawson

Stefan Neilsen

Drew Kemp

Zack Cook

Danyon Hume

Just a guess / bit of fun and not sure what that team would work out at. But if it fitted, give us the title now. :D

Oftt if that does fit it’s game over right?

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

It's the same at Glasgow. 

Yes, I knew there were a few others who have a good reputation at doing the same, but wasn't sure who. 

Poole don’t pay riders a guarantee. Only points money. Only time they paid a guarantee was to get Hancock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Lawson is still waiting for payment from Eastbourne Eagles - Ian Jordan who was involved at Plymouth also ; seems to have gone awol as Drew Kemp was quoted in Speedway Star saying no Eagles riders had any communication or answers from him. If rumour true Lawson has thought I not taking that risk again. 

Ian Jordan has re activated his facebook account this week and is back working full time for SP2A.

Perhaps lawson found out he is still involved somehow at Plymouth as Ian told us Arlington faithful in the interval on the mic with Kec Coombes against Plymouth which was the last action at Arlington he clearly stated he was a co Director and that where he see his future lie.

Bit of an out there thought if it's a surprise a signing what about Josh G? He did ok for Poole in premiership. He could get tempted back over from Oz?

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Bit of an out there thought if it's a surprise a signing what about Josh G? He did ok for Poole in premiership. He could get tempted back over from Oz?

Nope, he has said previously he needs rides in Poland to ride in UK. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope, he has said previously he needs rides in Poland to ride in UK. 

Thought he used a polish license so more likely to get job there?