British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You don’t think Poole have profited out of the deal?

If he didn't ride enough meetings to qualify for an average then Poole cannot claim him as an asset. So no fee is required for the transfer as I understand it.

But have Poole made a profit out of Basso?...... 

They won the Championship & KoC double!!!!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So who will own him, Peterborough or Glasgow 

Whoever gets to 4 home and 4 away first.... Fiiiiggghhhht

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Always going to Glasgow. I said this to the Glasgow fans in the bar after the playoff final meeting. No good having a rider in the 1-7 who is missing more than available

Poole will still have a great team who will be one of the favourites for the title. Always have had. Always will do.

Birmingham tried that with Grobauer lol!

3 hours ago, lewy said:

To be fair he was a major reason the pirates won the playoffs so he was worth the trouble after the farce with smetana imo.

Actually agree with you for once! lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Glasgow arranged Wednesday fixtures this season so as not to clash with Sam's fixtures in Denmark. I'd assume be same again this season

Isn't it up to Poole when they ride at home though? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

the dane’s have a 4week break mid season and tigers will arrange the poole and oxford away match’s  then like they did for sam jensen 

Don't see how it's up to Glasgow?? Both have to agree or the committee decide. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't it up to Poole when they ride at home though? 

There's always give and take in these fixture negotiations. It's generally in clubs best interest financially that clubs have their 1-7 available on relevant dates

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

There's always give and take in these fixture negotiations. It's generally in clubs best interest financially that clubs have their 1-7 available on relevant dates

When is Denmark's month off or break out of interest? Glasgow came down 3rd September ( I think) last year..? So is it September? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

When is Denmark's month off or break out of interest? Glasgow came down 3rd September ( I think) last year..? So is it September? 

That was a Friday rearranged due to Poole's hiatus I believe

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

think it was 5 weeks this year around mid june to mid july as sure sam was racing v birmingham on a wednesday night if remember right 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

agree cant see how he is an asset of poole 

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Didn’t ride enough meetings  hence why he is still on his assessed average.

Do you not count as an asset if you race 12 official meetings for a club (or was that back in the day)?

He raced 9 home meetings (Redcar, Plymouth, Glasgow, Birmingham and Newcastle in the league, Leicester in the KOC and Play Offs, Edinburgh in the KOC and Glasgow in the Play Offs).

He raced 6 away meetings (Edinburgh, Redcar and Scunny in the league, Glasgow in the Play Offs, also Edinburgh in the KOC and Leicester in the Play Offs). Poole used R/R for him at Birmingham (League) and Leicester (KOC).

He has therefore been listed in the Poole team for 9 league meetings (5H 4A), 4 KOC (2H 2A) and 4 Play Off meetings (2H 2A). I would think that being listed for a team 17 times would make you an asset (some teams only had 22 matches all season).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Do you not count as an asset if you race 12 official meetings for a club (or was that back in the day)?

He raced 9 home meetings (Redcar, Plymouth, Glasgow, Birmingham and Newcastle in the league, Leicester in the KOC and Play Offs, Edinburgh in the KOC and Glasgow in the Play Offs).

He raced 6 away meetings (Edinburgh, Redcar and Scunny in the league, Glasgow in the Play Offs, also Edinburgh in the KOC and Leicester in the Play Offs). Poole used R/R for him at Birmingham (League) and Leicester (KOC).

He has therefore been listed in the Poole team for 9 league meetings (5H 4A), 4 KOC (2H 2A) and 4 Play Off meetings (2H 2A). I would think that being listed for a team 17 times would make you an asset (some teams only had 22 matches all season).

Don’t disagree with you but similar happened to us with David Bellego a few seasons back.

Suppose we will find out sometime or in the case of the ruling body probably sometime never.

17 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

By your own reckoning he's done 3 qualifying away meetings as KO cup and play offs don't count. If same rules are applied as 2011 for us and bellego

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

By your own reckoning he's done 3 qualifying away meetings as KO cup and play offs don't count. If same rules are applied as 2011 for us and bellego

Depends who's asking, I suppose! :angry: