British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Won't go that far because Matt's not silly tbh. He'll take what he can get to pay the rent with because of the following reasons rather than holding out for a high sum that nobody will pay.

The Ford Family know full well they've got an asset heading for Poland & Sweden within two years meaning no loan fees will be coming in for Ben Basso from British clubs due to Polish restrictions / rules.

They also know Ben will never ride for Poole again therefore they've got an asset who'll be worthless to the club within two years who'll they'll make no money off.

With the rent situation and the chateau Matt will be wise enough to realise some money is better than nothing. 

If it is the case Glasgow won't buy him anyway lol. Any loan fee should include the rest of the visa payment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If it is the case Glasgow won't buy him anyway lol. Any loan fee should include the rest of the visa payment. 

Points been made earlier, if you want to use Lawson then defeats purpose to try n mess around Glasgow owners. 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes it is… You’re on the South coast f f s, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick are all 8 hours away, that is the middle of nowhere, just like Glasgow and Edinburgh are. All meetings that are for ALL teams, should be hosted somewhere CENTRALLY, not on France’s doorstep 

Could always have it in the grounds of Matt's chateaux :party:

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Wasn't that the name given to the Poole track earlier season 2021?  (this is a light hearted joke Pirate fans). 

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes it is… You’re on the South coast f f s, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick are all 8 hours away, that is the middle of nowhere, just like Glasgow and Edinburgh are. All meetings that are for ALL teams, should be hosted somewhere CENTRALLY, not on France’s doorstep 

I disagree, the "middle of nowhere" would suggest a track that isn't near any other track, up in the Highlands! The fours was held for years at Peterborough, which, while more central than Poole isn't close to the Scottish tracks. But there was always good crowds there when I went.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Points been made earlier, if you want to use Lawson then defeats purpose to try n mess around Glasgow owners. 

Who is being messed around? I'm just considering potential scenarios, up to Glasgow to decide whether to do a loan or have him for an asset or Peterborough of course! If he's only doing UK for a couple of seasons, not much point buying him imo. Unless they think a good chance of him committing to UK for a while. 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

100% this, the Fords are very astute and will know this.

I went to London this afternoon. Left at 12.30 pm, did the business, and drove back to Poole arriving at 5.30. Amazing this place Poole. So close to London the the back of nowhere. :P

As others have said, Basso is a Poole asset and Matt wants paying. Guess he is the equivalent of Verstappen a couple of years ago so the fee needs to be around £50,000 minimum. This Faccenna chap has deep pockets so let’s hope he doesn’t have short arms.  Poach a rider, pay the fee.   

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Nice big loan or transfer fee coming from Peterborough and Glasgow then 

No. Full fee. No loan I should imagine.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I went to London this afternoon. Left at 12.30 pm, did the business, and drove back to Poole arriving at 5.30. Amazing this place Poole. So close to London the the back of nowhere. :P

As others have said, Basso is a Poole asset and Matt wants paying. Guess he is the equivalent of Verstappen a couple of years ago so the fee needs to be around £50,000 minimum. This Faccenna chap has deep pockets so let’s hope he doesn’t have short arms.  Poach a rider, pay the fee.   

75k for Lawson then :D

• Like 2

Adrian Miedzinski anyone? 

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

75k for Lawson then :D

Lawson is 38? Owned by? Basso is 20? So if we said a loan fee of £5000, x 18 seasons? 90,000 quid. £50,000 seems a bargain.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson is 38? Owned by? Basso is 20? So if we said a loan fee of £5000, x 18 seasons? 90,000 quid. £50,000 seems a bargain.

Lawson is owned by Glasgow. Hence my point. What did you get for chuck Wright? An established heat leader 8k was it? And you want 50k for a reserve? In balance of the Wright deal 5k be closer to the mark

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Nice big loan or transfer fee coming from Peterborough and Glasgow then 

Loan fees are on a set scale in line with the riders average

Basso is an assessed 4 so the fee will be a few hundred quid 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Full fee. No loan I should imagine.

Steve, you know as well as I do, you can't make anyone buy anyone. Ippo tried that with us and Rickardsson! 

• Like 1