British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

Its not only me that dose not trust the BCP? I'm not implying Mr Osbourne would be interested in the Dolphins but if the stadium is 'no longer viable' in his eyes with just the speedway using it for part of the year this would handily play into the council hands. A 'community' football stadium that the Dolphins would be able to play in, the council wouldn't have to put a penny in as part of any housing being built on the site the developer would have to assist with the building of the football facility. 

Yet it was Osborne's decision to stop the greyhounds and leaving speedway as the only tenant towards making the stadium all-year-round unviable?!

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet it was Osborne's decision to stop the greyhounds and leaving speedway as the only tenant towards making the stadium all-year-round unviable?!

COVID stopped greyhounds at poole.not viable behind close doors with losing bags meetings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Am I reading this situation correctly ??

The lease holders want to double the rent but also provide virtually nothing in the way of facilities such as manning the restaurant and food facilities.

If that is the case it really does seem that they want the speedway out.

Also if they have, as I saw mentioned on here, about 17 years left on the lease, could they benefit under a sublease arrangement for at least 5/10 years of very lucrative income IF (and I say IF) the land was redeveloped for both housing and retail/business. Or would that not be allowed. Assuming that was  what the Council ultimately would prefer long term as I assume they would benefit plenty from the land being redeveloped.

Looking in on the Edinburgh forum get the impression all not straightforward there either with redevelopment plans afoot for building on the land which has been given planning permission. Looks like that is already on the market. Interesting that they have also not announced one rider even though we probably know most of their intended team.

Going to be interesting to see how both situations unfold. Fingers crossed positively we hope for both clubs.

Yes it was Mr Osborne's decision, the opportunity may have came along with Covid? to allow the stadium to be come unviable then it is no longer worth keeping? putting up the rent to such a level that costs would not be coverable, and the excuse speedway is the 'single tenant' Hope I'm wrong

They don't want Speedway taking place at the Stadium period. 

The highly increased rent demand is a tactic being used to force Matt Ford and Poole Speedway out of the stadium so they can push ahead with a much bigger project that doesn't involve the sport.

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

COVID stopped greyhounds at poole.not viable behind close doors with losing bags meetings

Does it matter if Greyhound racing is behind closed doors, surely nobody goes to the dogs  in the afternoon anyway.

In todays Bournemouth Echo the BCP are setting up a council owned company called FuturePlaces 'driving regeneration' in the BCP area, wonder if this will impact on the stadium site?

Doubt it. There are many other areas in dire need of regeneration. Not up to the council to regenerate the stadium which has a leaseholder.

Time to take off pirate tinted glasses, the stadium is only now used for part of the year, occupying a prime piece of land in center of Poole, if the lease holder and council come up with a financial settlement on the remaining years of the lease = one empty stadium which then returns to BCP control to do what they wish, or the lease holder 'assists' with developments.....'football and community stadium' that dose not involve the Pirates. There will still be a sporting facility (new football only ground) on the stadium site so no problems with change of use, surrounded by a new housing development which comes with all the financial benefits to the BCP, sadly a lot boxes being ticked for the council.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, this thread has got a bit depressing...:blink:

I wouldn't worry Lisa you will be able to watch or follow you team next season. 

• Like 4

I hope we can watch the Pirates at the stadium next year and for many years to come? Matt Ford is very good at drip feeding the press through out the closed season to keep up interest, but so far no team announced and he has only mentioned the rental issue.

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

Time to take off pirate tinted glasses, the stadium is only now used for part of the year, occupying a prime piece of land in center of Poole, if the lease holder and council come up with a financial settlement on the remaining years of the lease = one empty stadium which then returns to BCP control to do what they wish, or the lease holder 'assists' with developments.....'football and community stadium' that dose not involve the Pirates. There will still be a sporting facility (new football only ground) on the stadium site so no problems with change of use, surrounded by a new housing development which comes with all the financial benefits to the BCP, sadly a lot boxes being ticked for the council.

And still not used all year round 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, this thread has got a bit depressing...:blink:

Hardly surprising considering the lack of any positive news coming out of the Poole Promotion regarding team announcements or the stadium.

The only thing they have pushed was the Christmas opening of the Track Shop over Xmas , and this was heavily promoted on Twitter and Facebook. So in effect promoting the sale of merchandise despite not having one rider named or if we will even have a track to race on in 2022 if they cannot resolve the rent issue.

I don't enjoy being negative and hope the Fords can sort something soon. You have to admit though that it is a bit concerning also with Edinburgh also being in a similar situation of not naming any riders or again if they have an agreement in place to continue racing at the stadium.

Lets hope that Matt & Danny can give us something positive soon so we can get back to the subject of the team and 2022 in general.

An example of 'community stadiums' Dorchester's ground has had all weather pitch laid, multiple teams using it for training and coaching including Yeovil FC ladies throughout the week, also need to factor in club house facilities for events, I believe Wimbourne now have theirs open to entice people in on non match days all year round. I to do hope we hear positive news soon about the Pirates.

Edited by 2ndbendbuncher