British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, Beirao said:

So where is Danyon going? As he's got a better away average than his home figure, I would have thought he was one to keep. 

Yep Danyon has to be offered a spot next season with Basso and Brennan.

We need too build around youth that are only going too improve.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If can't get basso back like to see try for blodorn. Was pretty good at the "test match" think be an exciting addition dependant on the polish situation 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

If can't get basso back like to see try for blodorn. Was pretty good at the "test match" think be an exciting addition dependant on the polish situation 

Wouldn’t be against that either, as I say we need younger hungrier riders.

Sure there will be meetings that they will be inconsistent but the satisfaction of watching them develop is what I love seeing.

How good was it watching Basso this season improving at a rapid rate.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wouldn’t be against that either, as I say we need younger hungrier riders.

Sure there will be meetings that they will be inconsistent but the satisfaction of watching them develop is what I love seeing.

How good was it watching Basso this season improving at a rapid rate.

Aye 100%. Better than watching wells and sedgeman maintain their "false averages". 

1 hour ago, MD said:

No one will be queueing up to manage the team. Its a massive commitment with time off work and travel for little more than your travel expenses. Dickson wasnt perfect as TM, we've all seen that, neither was Ian Steel but Im sure he has grown into the role each season and become more mature in his decision making. He wont take any s-h-i-t from riders especially the Hans Andersen types who will dominate if given the opportunity and Im certain no one will tell him they arent going out in a heat because it doesnt suit. We need someone like that, if anyone is out there, just not Dickson again.

Are we talking about Cami Brown? Craig Cook heat15 v Poole! Possibly other times too. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

There are so many people in speedway that could step up into the role of Team Manager, you make it sound like Cami is the only one who can run a speedway team. I could probably run one, what are the qualifications? Do i need a Scotvec or a degree?

Maybe you have to be, or at least think you are, photogenic with an eye for photobombing at every opporchancity

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Hasn't Basso got Poland Sweden and Denmark already? Plus possibly Panthers?

Edited by Skidder1

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hasn't Basso got Poland Sweden and Denmark already? Plus possibly Panthers?

No idea it was more in hope than expectation.

if no Basso look at Pickering although If Edinburgh come too tapes I expect him to return to the Monarchs.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

if no Basso look at Pickering although If Edinburgh come too tapes I expect him to return to the Monarchs.

Depending on make up of the league Thomson might be worth a place. Need to at least try n get Basso given he's our asset

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Could the Monarchs afford to have  both Sam and Josh with their averages in the team next year?

I know it becomes chequebook speedway but I've always felt the following season's team building average should be set to that of the league winners. Surely making the other teams improve their squad would be better for the sport rather than diluting it.

Bring in a wages limit rather than a points limit and try to obtain some sort of balance.

That way some loyalty can be shown and young fans who have spent pocket money on their favourite rider's merchandise may not see their hero moved on after a season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Could the Monarchs afford to have  both Sam and Josh with their averages in the team next year?

I know it becomes chequebook speedway but I've always felt the following season's team building average should be set to that of the league winners. Surely making the other teams improve their squad would be better for the sport rather than diluting it.

Bring in a wages limit rather than a points limit and try to obtain some sort of balance.

That way some loyalty can be shown and young fans who have spent pocket money on their favourite rider's merchandise may not see their hero moved on after a season

League winners or play off winners? Poole have a GSA total of a bit over 42 while Leicester are well over 44 . Glasgow over 46, so not all teams would be improving their squads. Monarchs about the same figure as Poole, so keeping their big two might not be a problem.

Wages limit was tried in the 80s. Don't remember it working, with sponsorship being the way around it. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gazc said:

Danyon will be 27 next season. These are his stats from the past 6 years in which he's added 2.44 onto his average over that time. I honestly can't see him adding anything to that last figure over the course of the next year.

Season Team M CMA BCMA
2016 Ipswich 6 3.48 4.17
2017 Ipswich 9 4.19 4.65
2018 Ipswich 12 2.94 3.55
2019 Birmingham 5 2.00 2.40
2021 Poole 30 4.70 5.27
2022 Glasgow 25 5.39 6.61
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Danyon will be 27 next season. These are his stats from the past 6 years in which he's added 2.44 onto his average over that time. I honestly can't see him adding anything to that last figure over the course of the next year.

Season Team M CMA BCMA
2016 Ipswich 6 3.48 4.17
2017 Ipswich 9 4.19 4.65
2021 Poole 30 4.70 5.27

I think with that average he would expect him to be in the main body of whichever team he rides for and can't see him getting a spell at reserve unless he has a wee slump in form at some point.

He is one of 3 or 4 I'd  certainly welcome back next season.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Season Team M CMA BCMA
2016 Ipswich 6 3.48 4.17
2017 Ipswich 9 4.19 4.65
2021 Poole 30 4.70 5.27

Danyon's rolling average is showing as 5.83, so his last 10 meetings must've been better than his season overall (5.39, as above). Was he at reserve during that time? I have no idea and can't be bothered checking. Sorry! :oops:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Danyon's rolling average is showing as 5.83, so his last 10 meetings must've been better than his season overall (5.39, as above). Was he at reserve during that time? I have no idea and can't be bothered checking. Sorry! :oops:

Think he did go to reserve at one point a bit before he picked up his collarbone injury.