British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

2022 PREMIERSHIP Predict the finishing order

Sheffield - Top 5 are light years ahead of anyone else, only weak link are their reserves.
Ipswich - Doyle may not be the force he was but he's still one of only two GP riders in British Speedway sadly, solid middle order and they'll have a decent reserve.
Peterborough - Dad's army maybe waning but better septet than the three I'll mention below.
Belle Vue - I think Fricke will top the averages and Brennan will be the stand out RS, but question marks of the other 5.  Can Kurtz finally realise his potential?  Can't see there is much more to come from Wright, Etheridge & Allen.  Blodorn is unknown.
Wolves - Masters isn't in the same class as Fricke, NKI, Doyle & Holder and won't find points against the likes them easy to come by.  Nothing more to come from Morris & Worrall, not sure Douglas has much improvement in him.  Becker could be their shining light, but he's had his "sophomore slump" second season now and it's time for him to challenge the heat leader positions before he becomes the next Ricky Wells.  I hope Kemp begins to realise his potential but not sure Monmore will suit him.
Kings Lynn - At least they should hold their own at home this year, but once NKI leaves unless Kildemand has a revival they will lack a #1.  Should have a good reserve all year at least.

Basso interests me can he push into the main body of dad's army? And can Palin improve 

Then there's the Ostergaard conundrum, the rest will be as good of not better in MPT's case who I feel will kick on this season

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Basso interests me can he push into the main body of dad's army? And can Palin improve 

Then there's the Ostergaard conundrum, the rest will be as good of not better in MPT's case who I feel will kick on this season

Basso can definitely push on, he can put at least a point on his average, could be Ostergaard that drops to reserve but he can be unbelievable at times if he could get back to form. Personally I don't think Panthers will win the league again but they will give it everything on a great racetrack and in my opinion have the best team manager in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, Col said:

Sheffield - Top 5 are light years ahead of anyone else, only weak link are their reserves.
Ipswich - Doyle may not be the force he was but he's still one of only two GP riders in British Speedway sadly, solid middle order and they'll have a decent reserve.
Peterborough - Dad's army maybe waning but better septet than the three I'll mention below.
Belle Vue - I think Fricke will top the averages and Brennan will be the stand out RS, but question marks of the other 5.  Can Kurtz finally realise his potential?  Can't see there is much more to come from Wright, Etheridge & Allen.  Blodorn is unknown.
Wolves - Masters isn't in the same class as Fricke, NKI, Doyle & Holder and won't find points against the likes them easy to come by.  Nothing more to come from Morris & Worrall, not sure Douglas has much improvement in him.  Becker could be their shining light, but he's had his "sophomore slump" second season now and it's time for him to challenge the heat leader positions before he becomes the next Ricky Wells.  I hope Kemp begins to realise his potential but not sure Monmore will suit him.
Kings Lynn - At least they should hold their own at home this year, but once NKI leaves unless Kildemand has a revival they will lack a #1.  Should have a good reserve all year at least.

Don’t really fancy Ipswich to challenge personally, I don't know why they built a team so far under the points limit. If Belle Vue can get a decent heat leader mid season to replace Etheridge or Allen then they could challenge. Wolves look ordinary but have a massive home advantage and Steve Worrall could be a great signing. Kings lynn are the dark horses if Kildermand could come to form they could have a great season but Sheffield are the team to beat, I doubt anyone would question that,Musielak is a fantastic signing. Peterborough will not give their title away easily though. A very interesting season to come with hopefully some great racing. 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Underestimate Peterborough at your peril. 

I predicted them top 3 last year. Didn't surprise me  this year I just can't see it. 2nd season syndrome for them I'm afraid 

21 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

I predicted them top 3 last year. Didn't surprise me  this year I just can't see it. 2nd season syndrome for them I'm afraid 

Yes I don't think that they will challenge, obvious choice is Sheffield and Kings Lynn may surprise a few. 

Sheffield, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich and Wolves.

Sheffield to be miles infront but tight between the rest

I wondered how the teams would look using Championship averages:

1st Belle Vue 55.78

2nd Sheffield 55.62

3rd Wolves 55.37

4th King's Lynn 55.12

5th Ipswich 54.50

6th Peterborough 51.02

Belle Vue  
Max Fricke 12.00
Brady Kurtz 10.91
Charles Wright 8.58
Jake Allen 7.88
Tom Brennan 6.03
Jye Etheridge 5.38
Norick Blodorn 5.00
Connor Bailey 4.28
Total 55.78

Ipswich  
Jason Doyle 12.00
Danny King 9.22
Troy Batchelor 9.11
Erik Riss 7.84
Paul Starke 6.27
Cameron Heeps 5.05
Danyon Hume 5.01
Anders Rowe 3.78
Total 54.50

King's Lynn  
Peter Kildemand 10.65
Josh Pickering 8.34
Richard Lawson 8.62
Thomas Jorgensen 7.10
Lewis Kerr 7.66
Richie Worrall 8.13
Jack Thomas 4.61
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 55.11

Peterborough  
Scott Nicholls 9.07
Chris Harris 8.11
Hans Andersen 8.00
Ulrich Ostergaard 7.82
Michael P Toft 7.32
Jordan Palin 5.70
Ben Basso 5.00
Dan Gilkes 3.89
Total 51.02

Sheffield  
Jack Holder 12.00
Tobiasz Musielak 9.32
Craig Cook 9.02
Kyle Howarth 7.79
Adam Ellis 7.66
Connor Mountain 5.19
Stefan Nielsen 4.64
Dan Thompson 5.05
Total 55.62

Wolverhampton  
Luke Becker 10.43
Sam Masters 9.41
Steve Worrall 9.28
Nick Morris 8.58
Ryan Douglas 7.96
Leon Flint 6.04
Drew Kemp 3.67
Joe Thompson 3.64
Total 55.37

So the champions have the lowest championship averages it does go to show it's about what happens on track and not the calculations

EDIT:

Nothing to see here :D

Edited by TTT

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

So the champions have the lowest championship averages it does go to show it's about what happens on track and not the calculations

Every team is different than last year, so Peterborough being Champions doesn't effect this year's predictions / stats!

On 3/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, szkocjasid said:

Every team is different than last year, so Peterborough being Champions doesn't effect this year's predictions / stats!

Not every team.

It’s interesting that Neil Middleditch rates the Panthers again in this weeks star review.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not every team.

It’s interesting that Neil Middleditch rates the Panthers again in this weeks star review.

Because he knows how good Ben Basso can be and expects him to carry on improving. You might have to watch Ben through your fingers sometimes though! Who is riding at 5? Not Harris is it? They may get in each others way as similar style. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Because he knows how good Ben Basso can be and expects him to carry on improving. You might have to watch Ben through your fingers sometimes though! Who is riding at 5? Not Harris is it? They may get in each others way as similar style. 

Last year Nicholls & MPT were 3&4 for most of the season, Andersen at 2.  We know MPT will start at 1, but after that who knows.  One would expect Ostergaard to be at 2, but could continue with Andersen there or move Nicholls there to continue the partnership.  Harris was at 5 when in the 1-5 most of last year.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes it is Harris