British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, ljriley90 said:

Interesting. The pool grows smaller then if swedish second tier and danes run on the running day of brum for home meetings

Looking for danes and swedes without a team or 2nd tier poles.

What night does the german bundesliga run - maybe the germans are looking most likely? Smolinski will be a no though as he has just signed with vojens

How about Matthieu Tressarieu?

Swedish 2nd Tier Crowds have dwindled alarmingly to level of one man his dog and a few elks.

Riders can ride top tier on a Tuesday and if not riding in Denmark on a Wednesday would find Brummies far more appealing and betetr pay and higher profile.

Excellent cheap flight links in to Brum and East Midlands Airports too.

There are a few good class Europeans not often mentioned from Czech Republic / Slovenia /  Germany who could come in and more than do a good job.

Time for a few to stop bedwetting and others to stop stirring it, it's a buyers market and we'll have a strong and compact 1-7 on sensible money I'm sure. 

Remember Workington 2018 wiped up all the trophies with the top 6 all having a spell at No 1 and all having a spell at no 6 during the season. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

Swedish 2nd Tier Crowds have dwindled alarmingly to level of one man his dog and a few elks.

Riders can ride top tier on a Tuesday and if not riding in Denmark on a Wednesday would find Brummies far more appealing and betetr pay and higher profile.

Excellent cheap flight links in to Brum and East Midlands Airports too.

There are a few good class Europeans not often mentioned from Czech Republic / Slovenia /  Germany who could come in and more than do a good job.

Time for a few to stop bedwetting and others to stop stirring it, it's a buyers market and we'll have a strong and compact 1-7 on sensible money I'm sure. 

Remember Workington 2018 wiped up all the trophies with the top 6 all having a spell at No 1 and all having a spell at no 6 during the season. 

Theres a fair few extras involved with riding two countries like doubling the number of bikes etc. 2nd tier Sweden might be lower money per night BUT cheaper to maintain for a rider over a season. Logistically the UK isn't great for any rider who isn't based or doubling up in the UK. 

Im sure a team will come to the tapes, im not sure its a buyers marker and whilst i really hope its a play off potential side i really don't see it (and in fact think those blinkered generic comments make LR and the promotion look more clumsy and foolish)

15 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Damien drozdz

Artur Mroczka

Kacper Gomolski

Dawid Lampart

All riding Liga 2 with Uk experience could be a shout.

Yep, there's a growing pool of formerly young promising Poles who haven't gone on to fulfil those hopes, and the evergreens like Greg Walaszek if they're still active. Not good enough for Swedish league but Birmingham being a Wednesday night track might suit a couple  of them?

It's good to see from the pictures that the new Promotion want to get the track right from the start. Birmingham can be a good racers track when preparation is good. 

• Like 6

On 2/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Silly response, especially as he runs umpteen second half’s for kids who don’t pay for them.

So why doesn't he like the MDL? No-one has answered that.

23 hours ago, Big Al said:

Yep, there's a growing pool of formerly young promising Poles who haven't gone on to fulfil those hopes, and the evergreens like Greg Walaszek if they're still active. Not good enough for Swedish league but Birmingham being a Wednesday night track might suit a couple  of them?

What a commentary on the state of British Speedway...the recycle bin for the rest of the world's rubbish. :o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, Big Al said:

Greg Walasek was superb in 2021 and was rolling back the years - finished as one of the top riders in Division and led Ostrow to the Extraliga for this year. 

19 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Another silly response….ASK HIM YOURSELF !

Because I don't know him, and don't want to. I went to Scunthorpe often enough for MDL matches, and, like all other promoters, Godfrey was conspicuous by his absence; the junior team (like all others) was run by an enthusiast, for love of the sport.

20 hours ago, uk_martin said:

What a commentary on the state of British Speedway...the recycle bin for the rest of the world's rubbish. :o

Maybe that's been the case for a very long time - I still have memories of supporting Leicester through the dog years of the mid 1970's and during the first half of 2011!

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Greg Walasek was superb in 2021 and was rolling back the years - finished as one of the top riders in Division and led Ostrow to the Extraliga for this year. 

He had a spell with Leicester in 201? and has such a neat, easy style it's no surprise he's still going well now

On 2/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, *JJ said:

So why doesn't he like the MDL? No-one has answered that.

Possibly due to the fact its hard to get track staff to stay behind for second halfs at scunny? I've been there a few times and needed to rush off only to be begged to stay to do the MDL meeting.. Could be due to rider availability and travelling up on Fridays - when we as a club run amateur meetings at weekends, riders tend to be more available and the club can earn more cash than running MDL on a Friday

15 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Possibly due to the fact its hard to get track staff to stay behind for second halfs at scunny? I've been there a few times and needed to rush off only to be begged to stay to do the MDL meeting.. Could be due to rider availability and travelling up on Fridays - when we as a club run amateur meetings at weekends, riders tend to be more available and the club can earn more cash than running MDL on a Friday

Never been to a Scunthorpe meeting when there hasn’t been some sort of second half racing so never been an issue and cash doesn’t come into it as it costs no extra to have upto eight races after the main match.

As for rider availability, all the other Friday night tracks run junior teams and second half’s so that suggests the riders are out there.

’JJ ‘ has a problem with Godfrey , that’s his issue.

Hope to see Birmingham get some promising juniors of their own and run in a league, whatever it gets called.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

Because I don't know him, and don't want to. I went to Scunthorpe often enough for MDL matches, and, like all other promoters, Godfrey was conspicuous by his absence; the junior team (like all others) was run by an enthusiast, for love of the sport.

You mean like it is at EVERY track!

You don’t like Godfrey, we get it, but don’t come on here asking personal questions about his opinions when you aren’t prepared to ask him yourself. I doubt he’s going to answer you back on a forum.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You mean like it is at EVERY track!

You don’t like Godfrey, we get it, but don’t come on here asking personal questions about his opinions when you aren’t prepared to ask him yourself. I doubt he’s going to answer you back on a forum.

You appear to have misunderstood my point. I couldn't care less about Godfrey; you don't need to get upset about me dissing the great man. I was complaining about the destruction of a very valuable means for riders to get their first step on the speedway rung. I drove a rider round many tracks in order for him to ride in his progression; the MDL was the next step before the National League, though this didn't happen. As I said, the MDL teams were run despite the promoters.

Scunthorpe Stags.jpg