British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

On 2/27/2022 at 9:15 AM, uk_martin said:

That was the theory - once.

Trawl back through the 82 pages worth of posts and if more than half of them bear any more than a passing resemblance to a relevance to Birmingham, I'd be amazed.

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The first time I heard of Dan was when he was announced he would be riding on his own in our second half, and someone said "he's worth watching". He hadn't rode for anyone at that stage and looked very raw on our tight bends. I particularly noticed he rode too close to the inside of 1st and 3rd bends, clipping the kerb practically every time. In his later rides he moved out, as you should, so he came out of those bends with a better line that he could maintain, before coming out of the 2nd and 4th corners wide like everyone else does. I obviously watched his progress after that as he was being treat very well with lots of second half track time. 

See what I mean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

See what I mean?

Could be argued that its relevant due to the unearthing of new talent and offering opportunities to them who might potentially fill team places in the future. I remember the Brummie buzz about the Thompson twins a few years ago and how they were going to be stars wearing the big red B in the near future (every other man and his dog knew they were Leicester bound but...)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Could be argued that its relevant ...

You could argue that. You could argue anything. You could even argue that Russia's war in Ukraine is in "self defence".  Fill yer boots. Argue what you like. At the end of the day, who cares?  If Birmingham only has 4/7 riders in a team, you could even argue that there's nothing wrong with having only 4/7 posts relevant to the Brummies team themselves. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

You could argue that. You could argue anything. You could even argue that Russia's war in Ukraine is in "self defence".  Fill yer boots. Argue what you like. At the end of the day, who cares?  If Birmingham only has 4/7 riders in a team, you could even argue that there's nothing wrong with having only 4/7 posts relevant to the Brummies team themselves. 

Are you wired up right. Why on earth would you use that as an example. And to be so flippant as to say who cares.

Amend your post

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Are you wired up right. Why on earth would you use that as an example. And to be so flippant as to say who cares.

Amend your post

On one hand some say "stick to posts about Birmingham" On the other hand you get people from north south east and west telling us from Birmingham what we can and can't say on here.

Well tough. If you don't like it, click away. Nobody's forcing you to be here. If you don't like the analogy of people arguing crap, feel free to disagree. If you want to call me names, well sticks & stones. Nobody cares.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Surely Laurence has decided from the 6-8 riders he is considering which ones are going to complete the team. 
will jan graveson be coming out of retirement ??

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

On one hand some say "stick to posts about Birmingham" On the other hand you get people from north south east and west telling us from Birmingham what we can and can't say on here.

Well tough. If you don't like it, click away. Nobody's forcing you to be here. If you don't like the analogy of people arguing crap, feel free to disagree. If you want to call me names, well sticks & stones. Nobody cares.

As much fun as it would be calling you multiple names its easier to stick you on ignore. 

Given the amount of non PR happening from us people from Birmingham id say its a blessing that this thread has any interest and isn't confined to page two like it will be for mostbof the season. 

I chose to be here, i chose who i want to engage with and read content from and i don't deem your input as worth bothering about so please join the elite club of idiots.

• Like 2

Personally, I like to read anything 'speedway related' regardless of who's thread it is....just my opinion.

If it's any consolation, I enjoy reading S4S and Uk Martins threads...both are usually interesting and 'balanced' views.

Not sure why you guys are falling out....

Kiss and make up and lets get back to discussing anything speedway ! :t:

• Like 2

I see that Justin Sedgmen is riding at North Brisbane on 19 March. Cutting it fine if he’s got a UK team place

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I see that Justin Sedgmen is riding at North Brisbane on 19 March. Cutting it fine if he’s got a UK team place

...and if he can get away from the severe flooding in and around Brisbane!!

Looking forward to welcoming Birmingham to the lions den this month although I'm abit nervous thinking Birmingham won't have enough riders. 

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

The way he spoke in the Speedway Star a few weeks ago was implying that it wasn't worth racing in this country anymore... 

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The way he spoke in the Speedway Star a few weeks ago was implying that it wasn't worth racing in this country anymore... 

Think he said that for him to ride over here he needed to ride in both league's to make it pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

No great loss if that’s the case,mediocre rider ,not even entertaining in my book.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think he said that for him to ride over here he needed to ride in both league's to make it pay.

Can he not do the NL too? ;)

• Haha 4