British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Should Laguta and Emil be kicked out of the GP Series?

12 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is why all Russian athletes should be suspended without question. 

Gymnast on the podium yesterday (alongside a Ukrainian) 

IMG_20220306_102640.jpg

"The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) said it had opened disciplinary proceedings against Kuliak for his "shocking behaviour" at the Apparatus World Cup in Doha.

After earning bronze in the parallel bars final, Kuliak taped a letter 'Z' on to his chest and took to the podium next to gold medal winner Illia Kovtun of Ukraine"

Quite right to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

It is only bend 3 & 4 that stands can be built, there are buildings the other end. It wasn’t an open plot the council chose, it’s part of a sports centre and the stadium completed the whole complex. 

Oh! My mistake 

7 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

"The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) said it had opened disciplinary proceedings against Kuliak for his "shocking behaviour" at the Apparatus World Cup in Doha.

After earning bronze in the parallel bars final, Kuliak taped a letter 'Z' on to his chest and took to the podium next to gold medal winner Illia Kovtun of Ukraine"

Quite right to.

Strip him of the silver medal he won and ensure he misses the next 12 months or however Putins “manoeuvres” last. He is likely to join Putins army though and go killing.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Strip him of the silver medal he won and ensure he misses the next 12 months or however Putins “manoeuvres” last. He is likely to join Putins army though and go killing.

It was the last tournament for these Russian athletes before the War suspension kicked in. 

I suspect that's why he did it. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

It was the last tournament for these Russian athletes before the War suspension kicked in. 

I suspect that's why he did it. 

Probably, complete arrogance on his part I hope they take his medal away.  I bet the Russian team weren't allowed anywhere near a news broadcast while in Doha either.

• Confused 1

So if the UK were put into a war that the vast majority of us didnt agree with, everyone would be ok with loosing their jobs through no fault of their own? Its a joke and devalues the competition. They both posted onn their instagram day 1 of this invasion that it was wrong and they stand with Ukraine. More to the point waht difference will it make? Putin going to put a stop to all this because Russians cant compete inSport? These 2 have condemed this invasion and they are both Polish citizens. Could have been easily avoided.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

I’m sure the NSS could stage it given the opportunity. With temporary stands at each bend I believe the capacity can be increased to 9,000-10,000. BV should get a full house so should be financially viable. Would the FIM look kindly on an application, and would BV be interested in submitting one?.

A GP at the NSS is possibly a viable financial meeting. However, as I've said before, I'm fairly sure that the Welsh tourist board put a deal of money into the Cardiff GP on the understanding that it remains the only GP in Britain.

27 minutes ago, False dawn said:

A GP at the NSS is possibly a viable financial meeting. However, as I've said before, I'm fairly sure that the Welsh tourist board put a deal of money into the Cardiff GP on the understanding that it remains the only GP in Britain.

Another GP in Poland then...

I think some on this forum don’t fully understand what is happening. Despite Putin saying otherwise he has started a war, but you want speedway to carry on as before. People in Ukraine, normal people like you and I, who have done nothing, are being left homeless, without water, power, and without hope, yet you want speedway to carry on as before. They are encouraged to walk out of the area down a peace corridor, but it’s a trick, they get fired at and some have been killed, yet you want speedway to carry on as before. Over 1 million people have managed to get out of that hell hole, Poland has taken in the vast majority of evacuees in just one week, far more then UK has ever done I think, people with no hope, no future, no home to go to, no where to put their feet up in front of a warm fire to watch speedway.
I been saying for a week now their is a strong bond between Ukraine and Polish people. There is probably 800,000 Ukranion refugees now in Poland, being welcomed with open arms and acts of love, the Polish people are really putting themselves out, as are those in Slovakia, Moldova, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, etc, yet you want speedway to carry on as before, as if nothing has happening nor is happening.
The scene of this world has changed, for the worse, and may take decades to get back to where it was. Because of Putin, Russians are going to feel the brunt of the effects, the world is letting him know their feelings, and their actions will be felt by the Russian populous. For sure the rest of the world will probably feel the effects too, higher prices for oil, gas, probably a multitude of things we don’t know about yet, but speedway must carry on as normal. If Russians feel the bad affect then they can petition for democracy, make sure that their votes do count without results being falsified. That can only be done by the populous of Russia.         
In the meantime we may get to see some top class speedway, that’s if Putin doesn’t do what people in more then a few nations are worried about……. They may be next for the attention of his “manoeuvres”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely understand what you are saying but we've spent the last 50 plus years as a society demanding that we do not tar any one race, religion or country with the same brush. Now 1 launatic 'leader' invades a country and everyone born of that country is punished? Cannot be right, just cant be.

For this particular scenario, they both (apparently) have Polish citizenship. They have both condemed this war. There is a way round it

Edited by RPNY
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, RPNY said:

I absolutely understand what you are saying but we've spent the last 50 plus years as a society demanding that we do not tar any one race, religion or country with the same brush. Now 1 launatic 'leader' invades a country and everyone born of that country is punished? Cannot be right, just cant be.

For this particular scenario, they both (apparently) have Polish citizenship. They have both condemed this war. There is a way round it

Unfortunately, just about every governing body in sport around the world has suspended Russian sports people from competing.  Therefore the FIM has no choice other than to follow suit no matter the rights or wrongs of it.

Both Emil and Artem were born in Russia and that overrides any citizenship so that 'argument' is irrelevant.

Whilst I do agree that they will be very sorely missed in the GP's in 2022, it's the right and only call the FIM could make.  There is no way around it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Both Emil and Artem were born in Russia and that overrides any citizenship so that 'argument' is irrelevant.

What about Daria Saville? She is a Tennis player. Formerly known as Daria Gavrilova, she now represents Australia having married an Australian and taken Australian citizenship. 

She has also posted on Twitter that she will be wearing Yellow and Blue at her next tournament in support of the people of Ukraine, and called for other players to join her in doing so.

Should she really be banned from playing just because she was born in Russia? I don't think she should.

• Like 2

Whilst I believe the FIM have made the correct decision to stop all Russian nationals entering their events this is not aimed at the two named riders but the Russian nation. We have to remember that there are more than a few Russians involved in the Ice racing & the SEC events then there are the qualifying rounds for all the World Championships.

I really think that Artem Laguta & Emil Sayfutinov would have withdrawn from this season prior to the start because of the adverse reaction of the public domain against the actions of Mr Putin in Ukraine. I believe them to be good honest sportsmen caught up in a political fight they have no control over.

• Like 3

Speedway GP 2022 This Season will be without Artem Laguta & Emil Sayfutinov, but they will be replacing by Jack Holder & Dan Bewley!!!! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, speed29 said:

Speedway GP 2022 This Season will be without Artem Laguta & Emil Sayfutinov, but they will be replacing by Jack Holder & Dan Bewley!!!! 

That’s a surprise .