British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v BIRMINGHAM (Championship) April 2nd 7pm

Stream was good, overall. Need to work on the camerawork a little, and a bit more attention to who’s riding, but the main change I’d like to see is bigger text on the graphics, particularly on the team presentation. Eurosport had the same issue last season. It looks good but it’s too small for a lot of people on a TV at a distance. But a good base package if they can make those improvements.

3 hours ago, bruno said:

Why pick this one if there's a fair on the car park apparently causing problems

To be fair I understand until posters were up early week no one knew on fairground 

Stadium ground is owned by local authority and I doubt they even tell the 2 clubs who use stadium 

1 minute ago, kitten2502 said:

Just for good measure - Paul Bowen did nothing for me!

Nothing at all

Did you meet him in Vienna ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Just for good measure - Paul Bowen did nothing for me!

Was that who it was asking the questions, im sure he mentioned to Ellis when talking to him summit about winning the British Grand Prix, think he ment the British Final;)

Obviously first league match so some bedding in to be done for the Brummies. Mainly vissing hardly rode at all last year and auty.

Auty needs to sort his gearing out to give him a chance off the start gate. Most tracks are pretty slick so hes no hope in passing anyone. Another thing i didnt seem do any gardening once, too busy looking down at his engine away from tapes.

Hopefully brum get dialled in at home and perry barr is a happy hunting ground. That would be great for fans and really bump up rider confidence 

Berwick are a decent team this season so should do well at home and against the poorer team run up a big score, as happened last night. Every home rider won at least one race and as first meetings go this was a job well done by the home side, I am sure there will be tougher tests to come.

Birmingham looked a team who are going to struggle, sad to see how poor Josh Auty was. I know he has had his troubles but he looked a shadow of the rider who was a good scorer at Championship level not so long ago. Hopefully he gets his equipment sorted or there will be a decision to make from the Birmingham management, not unless the rider the decision for them.

• Like 1

its was good last night brilliant streaming british speedway network there own meeting well done

Good first meeting of the season,all the team looked up for it score pretty much as expected,as already mentioned tougher ones to come, good first meeting for Ty hope that builds his confidence.As for the streaming one or two things need ironed out,but overall a good stream glad I purchased a season pass.Will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like next week for the stand alone Bullets meeting.

I thought the streaming was good over all.  Commentating live isn't easy, I thought they did ok, but as has been mentioned a little more homework wouldn't go a miss. They will soon sort out the gremlins. Unfortunately the track was very one line, although it produced a few good races. I'm not sure what Berwick can take from this, Brummies are very weak, and against a stronger side, I think Berwick would have struggled. I wouldn't be surprised if The Brummies don't see the season out. All in all I enjoyed the coverage and am looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Confused 1

Paul bowen asking rogers and morris if any team chages were likely to happen, after the first meeting was very poor imo.

Enjoyed Allens input and Hayley is great

Probably the result most would have expected. Berwick solid from 1-7, for Birmingham Ellis and Vissing as expected top-scored, although Shanes put in lots of effort and young Pearson improved every heat

1 minute ago, Normski said:

Probably the result most would have expected. Berwick solid from 1-7, for Birmingham Ellis and Vissing as expected top-scored, although Shanes put in lots of effort and young Pearson improved every heat

Shanes has a very peculiar style on a bike. He seems to me to always be leaning backwards towards his left shoulder. He certainly is a trier though

6 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Shanes has a very peculiar style on a bike. He seems to me to always be leaning backwards towards his left shoulder. He certainly is a trier though

He still looks like a top grass tracker on a speedway track which is what he is really. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, screm said:

Berwick are a decent team this season so should do well at home and against the poorer team run up a big score, as happened last night. Every home rider won at least one race and as first meetings go this was a job well done by the home side, I am sure there will be tougher tests to come.

Birmingham looked a team who are going to struggle, sad to see how poor Josh Auty was. I know he has had his troubles but he looked a shadow of the rider who was a good scorer at Championship level not so long ago. Hopefully he gets his equipment sorted or there will be a decision to make from the Birmingham management, not unless the rider the decision for them.

Can’t see Auty lasting the season anywhere, it’s why he didn’t fit into Scunny’s plans, can’t gate at all and seems to have lost enthusiasm.