British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

I think we can all appreciate how Plymouth fans must feel about Lawson and why but I suspect any negativity he gets tonight will be water off a ducks back. 

Poole comfortably over two legs but Plymouth could sneak a win tonight. 

22 minutes ago, M.D said:

Im looking forward to watching Ablitt

Wasn’t far off the pace last week at Poole. Needs track time and advice from the more experienced team members. Hope he is given enough time to develop his skills.

• Like 1

Dies anyone know if I can log into the livestream on my mobile and then cast it to my TV as TV is a bit hit and miss loading fro  Internet, or would I be better to load it onto my laptop then connect that to my TV via a cable

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we can all appreciate how Plymouth fans must feel about Lawson and why but I suspect any negativity he gets tonight will be water off a ducks back. 

Poole comfortably over two legs but Plymouth could sneak a win tonight. 

Booing seems to always pump up a rider, but it’s irresistible for the fans. A Pirates win tonight will make tomorrow a foregone conclusion which isn’t great for either club. A ten point deficit would make tomorrow more tasty. But unlikely. Still, let’s hope for some good racing. Hope the stream works well and no glitches. And there are plenty of fans in the, cough, Coliseum. :D

2 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Dies anyone know if I can log into the livestream on my mobile and then cast it to my TV as TV is a bit hit and miss loading fro  Internet, or would I be better to load it onto my laptop then connect that to my TV via a cable

Good question. I have it on my iPad and set up on my smart tv. I will try tv first and if it fails, hop onto iPad. Be suprised if they have the facility like Youtube to steam via Bluetooth to tv.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fair enough but it’s not as though he did a Basso. Can’t help wondering why Basso failed to show at Poole last week. He would have found out what the Pirate fans would have thought of him. It’s Like leaving Liverpool to go to West Ham. 

Still, onto tonight. Lucky I checked and it’s a 7pm start. Stream ordered. Hopefully will work on my smart tv. Downloaded TV Bro app and logged in. Should be OK. Glad so many clubs are streaming this season. Should have happened at least 5 years ago and lots of lost revenue, but at least they are doing it now.

https://www.gladiatorslive.com

Was Basso invited then? I just thought cos he didn't ride with Bjarne at Peterborough last year and they were making the teams more even, he was just never asked to do it? 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Was Basso invited then? I just thought cos he didn't ride with Bjarne at Peterborough last year and they were making the teams more even, he was just never asked to do it? 

Thought it was clash of the champs. Poole had a stronger team from the start so Basso would have evened it up. Don’t know whether he was asked. But pretty sure his reception would have been less than happy clappy.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Bearing in mind Basso was first recommended to Poole by Bjarne and Freddie Jacobsen, maybe thats another bridge burned?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Like to see Steve Worrall show some form tonight. Started the season rusty. 

Blimey, give him a chance. First proper Poole meeting! 

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Bearing in mind Basso was first recommended to Poole by Bjarne and Freddie Jacobsen, maybe thats another bridge burned?

Oh, I thought it was Nic Klindt and Freddie that recommended him? Or maybe all 3 then. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought it was clash of the champs. Poole had a stronger team from the start so Basso would have evened it up. Don’t know whether he was asked. But pretty sure his reception would have been less than happy clappy.

Maybe, I can never be bothered to boo anyone, plus my 10yr old will tell me off anyway! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, I thought it was Nic Klindt and Freddie that recommended him? Or maybe all 3 then. 

sure it was klindt

1 minute ago, ray c said:

bad meeting tonight or tomorrow they be on is back. 

Harsh.