British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

Next Tuesday sees the first meaningful meeting at The Plymouth Coliseum this season and the first leg of the KO Cup. Looking forward to coming down for this one.

Have Plymouth got a number one lined up yet? Don’t really want them to start the season with a 3 point rider at one. Poole should be at full strength and I think we could fancy our chances for this one.

Thoughts?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

There was a meeting at Plymouth last night ;)

Listening to the promoter last night I think he’s still trying to change Eddie Kennets mind hope you enjoy it Steve and it’s not to long a journey back when you lose lol.

50 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Listening to the promoter last night I think he’s still trying to change Eddie Kennets mind hope you enjoy it Steve and it’s not to long a journey back when you lose lol.

Kennett has changed his mind! It's on the website on latest news!! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Any sceptic (me included) is thinking that if Kennett does line up for the first meeting it will be the only time. 

Now mouths have been opened would the mafia allow it to happen when its pretty clear its a dodgy deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Any sceptic (me included) is thinking that if Kennett does line up for the first meeting it will be the only time. 

Now mouths have been opened would the mafia allow it to happen when its pretty clear its a dodgy deal.

It says that his promotion has been put on the back burner so looks like it is for entire 2022. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Tuesday sees the first meaningful meeting at The Plymouth Coliseum this season and the first leg of the KO Cup. Looking forward to coming down for this one.

Have Plymouth got a number one lined up yet? Don’t really want them to start the season with a 3 point rider at one. Poole should be at full strength and I think we could fancy our chances for this one.

Thoughts?

Plymouth had their number one for 2022 sorted & agreed @ their last meeting of 2021. However the rider was tempted to sign elsewhere. A few people have have gone down in my estimation however you will try to defend them! 

Poole will be to strong over 2 legs but I’d be more than happy to get a win at home by any margin to give the Gladiators some early confidence & keep us fans happy!

I'm hearing a big crowd is expected already due to online ticket sales, well over 1000 could be closer to 2000 at this rate which is great for the promotion and should create a cracking atmosphere. 

I like the Plymouth team overall and if riders stay fit and ride to their capability I can see us being a playoff side. Unfortunately Poole have a number of riders that ride Plymouth really well and have more experience than our heat leaders. Think Barker will go well but see Poole edging it on the night and then winning cosy at Wimborne. 

I can't get down for this sadly so may well stream it if they are doing it, think it should be a good one!

7 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I'm hearing a big crowd is expected already due to online ticket sales, well over 1000 could be closer to 2000 at this rate which is great for the promotion and should create a cracking atmosphere. 

I like the Plymouth team overall and if riders stay fit and ride to their capability I can see us being a playoff side. Unfortunately Poole have a number of riders that ride Plymouth really well and have more experience than our heat leaders. Think Barker will go well but see Poole edging it on the night and then winning cosy at Wimborne. 

I can't get down for this sadly so may well stream it if they are doing it, think it should be a good one!

Yeah, it is being streamed. Are Plymouth streaming their leg? 

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, it is bring streamed. Are Plymouth streaming their leg? 

Yes all our home matches are being streamed.

• Thanks 1

Was going to come down for this but have changed my mind and will order a stream. Will venture down for the league meeting. The stream for £11.99 is a bargain and when you consider the price of diesel at the moment plus entry and program, a trip to Plymouth would see a spend of approx £80 plus half a day. No brainer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Yes all our home matches are being streamed.

That's good! :t: 

• Thanks 1

Best way to stream to a smart tv from iPad Pro or iPhone?

Edited by Steve Shovlar