British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Defeats the whole object tbh!! It's a pairs event so team riding has to be rewarded. 

It's no different to the league where a pair of riders try to keep the opposition behind them. Holding a 3-3 is better than conceding a 4-2 is it not? 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

To which Lawson had the right to do as the leading rider. There is no rule to say 'a slower rider must allow a faster rider to pass without challenge.' 

Not if he hits him.....then it's dangerous riding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

BSN+ https://watch.britishspeedway.co.uk/catalog  It was £49 for all 6 Prem Pairs meetings, or £12.99 to buy them individually.

Thanks m8, typed out a reply then needed to find out the link but grandson took my mind off it ....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not if he hits him.....then it's dangerous riding

Unless the leading rider did a total lockup, the rider dehind will always be excluded for a collision. I'm not seeing why folk are getting their knickers in a twist over it. Ellis at fault, end of

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Seen the video this afternoon, coming down the home straight Ellis cuts back to be on the inside of Lawson, who then looks at him twice over his left shoulder before turning left across him, catching his front wheel with either his back wheel or dirt deflector, causing Ellis to lose control!

I think Lawson had to turn left as a corner was coming up.There was so much room on the outside for Ellis to go but he chose to cut back off bend 4 because he was worried about Pickering coming up on the inside of him,then before he knew he ran into the back of Lawson,Lawson didn't run into him.If you look at the lines on the track Lawson was on that,the fastest one so he could go slower if you know what i mean.

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The format itself is entertaining and is perhaps worth pursuing but the idea to enforce a reserve to have a ride is pointless, I think this detracted from the overall competition.

Going forward I would suggest any 2 of your top 5 with a teams no 6 or either of the Rising stars at reserve but definitely letting the TM chose his line up and his choice as to whether he uses a reserve or not.

No guests please, whatever is chosen.

I know it's a Pairs event, but why not involve the RS's a bit more and give them 3 races of their own that add to the team score?  AvBvCvD. EvFvAvD. EvFvBvC.

Even if their scores were not added to the Team total, you could have Team RS Champion if you added the 6 events together.

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If 4-3-2-0 is used for pairs events to encourage team riding, why is it not also used in league matches?

Teams ride as pairs in that too!

Still a different format race card wise! 

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think Lawson had to turn left as a corner was coming up.There was so much room on the outside for Ellis to go but he chose to cut back off bend 4 because he was worried about Pickering coming up on the inside of him,then before he knew he ran into the back of Lawson,Lawson didn't run into him.If you look at the lines on the track Lawson was on that,the fastest one so he could go slower if you know what i mean.

I think it was an unfortunate set of circumstances whereby just as Richard is turning harder than Adam expected and therefore scrubbing off more speed than Adam expected, Adam is at the same time making a distinct move to go to the outside and the miscalculation of speeds causes the collision. It only takes a minor miscalculation to happen. The reason why it's not just OK for the rider in front to just take any line he chooses at all costs is because without brakes the guy behind can't just slow down instantly. For ,me this was a racing incident. The clues as to how Richard was defending the position were clear and had been for a couple of laps, Adam was going all out to make the pass and switched lines one way as Richard was switching the other. Sure Adam will be pi##ed off about it as will any Sheffield Fans and so they should. It was unlucky on Adam, but for me, The best referee in the business made the right call.

Edited by wtf
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wtf said:

I think it was an unfortunate set of circumstances whereby just as Richard is turning harder than Adam expected and therefore scrubbing off more speed than Adam expected, Adam is at the same time making a distinct move to go to the outside and the miscalculation of speeds causes the collision. It only takes a minor miscalculation to happen. The reason why it's not just OK for the rider in front to just take any line he chooses at all costs is because without brakes the guy behind can't just slow down instantly. For ,me this was a racing incident. The clues as to how Richard was defending the position were clear and had been for a couple of laps, Adam was going all out to make the pass and switched lines one way as Richard was switching the other. Sure Adam will be pi##ed off about it as will any Sheffield Fans and so they should. It was unlucky on Adam, but for me, The best referee in the business made the right call.

I was going to post something very similar but you've put it better than I ever could so I'm just going to quote you instead.

• Like 1

So palin would have rode in Poland yesterday if it wasn’t rained off. 

jenkins who was injured ride in Poland. 

As harsh as it sounds surely they were withholding there services Monday in what was an official British meeting. 

this is what makes having a RS in the event a shambles. They will choose to ride in Poland over this where they will get paid more and have more rides. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

So palin would have rode in Poland yesterday if it wasn’t rained off. 

jenkins who was injured ride in Poland. 

As harsh as it sounds surely they were withholding there services Monday in what was an official British meeting. 

this is what makes having a RS in the event a shambles. They will choose to ride in Poland over this where they will get paid more and have more rides. 

They seem to have just copied the SoN with the reserve idea and it's unnecessary IMO. I despise guests but in the case of Palin I suspect he got permission to miss Monday and to be honest it's common sense for him to stay out there rather than come back for one heat. The Jenkins one is a bit more fishy but at the end of the day we want our youngsters racing in Europe as much as possible so I wouldn't want  to see it discouraged.

19 hours ago, Gambo said:

I know it's a Pairs event, but why not involve the RS's a bit more and give them 3 races of their own that add to the team score?  AvBvCvD. EvFvAvD. EvFvBvC.

Even if their scores were not added to the Team total, you could have Team RS Champion if you added the 6 events together.

That may be the best idea, adding the scores to teams total. Means there's a reason for the RS being in attendance, there in case of injuries to top 2, but also get 3 races, so not travelling for just one ride!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They seem to have just copied the SoN with the reserve idea and it's unnecessary IMO. I despise guests but in the case of Palin I suspect he got permission to miss Monday and to be honest it's common sense for him to stay out there rather than come back for one heat. The Jenkins one is a bit more fishy but at the end of the day we want our youngsters racing in Europe as much as possible so I wouldn't want  to see it discouraged.

Gilkes would have been the choice when Palin was granted release. Jenkins only replaced Gilkes very recently and was likely committed to the Polish gig when signing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Gilkes would have been the choice when Palin was granted release. Jenkins only replaced Gilkes very recently and was likely committed to the Polish gig when signing

Agreed but he had a knee injury so didn't appear for Redcar Friday or Sunday, still injured for the Pairs on Mobday so we are told yet pops up in Poland last night. A bit fishy for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That may be the best idea, adding the scores to teams total. Means there's a reason for the RS being in attendance, there in case of injuries to top 2, but also get 3 races, so not travelling for just one ride!

If you add those individual scores to the team totals, then it's not a Pairs event ... not that it is anyway, with a third rider *having* to take a ride.