British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Apart from die hard fans (I don't mean the film!) A lot of fans pick and choose meetings so spread out at different meetings during the season. But obviously they all choose to attend the playoffs! 

Championship it is pretty costly to go to every meetings & I can understand anyone on a budget picking and choosing which they want to go to.   If every meeting had gone ahead Redcar would have been 5 home meetings in April

27 minutes ago, Fina said:

Championship it is pretty costly to go to every meetings & I can understand anyone on a budget picking and choosing which they want to go to.   If every meeting had gone ahead Redcar would have been 5 home meetings in April

... and only 2 in August!

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

... and only 2 in August!

Yep.  Whether that gets boosted with a couple of rearranged fixtures remains to be seen.

5 hours ago, iainb said:

It surprises me these days that people say they don't like individual meetings as much as team meetings, team meetings made up of individuals that ride for a host of other teams not only abroad but also in this country... each to their own though

But there’s a massive difference there. When I go on a Thursday evening, there’s seven Witches donned in their Witches team suits representing my home town team. Who cares who else they ride for?? I don’t. Danyon Hume rode for Glasgow last night and rode very well, but to me he’s a Witch riding for someone else. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a rider change for Wolves from the teams on the preview pages - Worrall instead of Morris

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If there is to be any future for competitive speedway in UK, it will be via a team structure and competition(s) imo.

Has to be... .

Given that structure has worked so brilliantly well to get the sport in the UK to where it is today..;) :D

• Haha 1

Ok, seriously considering coming to this but haven't been to Kings Lynn since the 70's!

We're staying in Wroxham so would be leaving in around an hour. Is that enough time to get there and into the stadium before tapes up.

Cash and/or card on the gate?

Cash for grandstand transfer and food and drink?

How exposed is it in the grandstand? It's nice and sunny in Wroxham at the moment with a gentle breeze, do I need 3 layers?

Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Ok, seriously considering coming to this but haven't been to Kings Lynn since the 70's!

We're staying in Wroxham so would be leaving in around an hour. Is that enough time to get there and into the stadium before tapes up.

How exposed is it in the grandstand? It's nice and sunny in Wroxham at the moment with a gentle breeze, do I need 3 layers?

Thanks in advance.

Should only take about 75 minutes from Wroxham i would have thought,obviously dependant on traffic.

Cash and card is accepted at the gate.

Unsure on food/drink whether they take card.Think it is cash for the main grandstand as i think it is only a £1 or £2.

The granstand is quite high with no cover,so open to the elements,when the sun goes down you may need 5 layers.It's lovely and sunny here too with a breeze.

Edit:Breeze has dropped now I have just ventured outside again and it's hot.I would still bring layers though for when the sun goes down.

Edited by tellboy

34 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Thanks in advance.

Just to add to Telboy's post. Food and drink is cash or card. The grandstand is £2. I'm not sure but i would image cash for that one.

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Just to add to Telboy's post. Food and drink is cash or card. The grandstand is £2. I'm not sure but i would image cash for that one.

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Should only take about 75 minutes from Wroxham i would have thought,obviously dependant on traffic.

Cash and card is accepted at the gate.

Unsure on food/drink whether they take card.Think it is cash for the main grandstand as i think it is only a £1 or £2.

The granstand is quite high with no cover,so open to the elements,when the sun goes down you may need 5 layers.It's lovely and sunny here too with a breeze.

Edit:Breeze has dropped now I have just ventured outside again and it's hot.I would still bring layers though for when the sun goes down.

Thank you both. We'll be heading off shortly, with suitable layers and cash.

24 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Thank you both. We'll be heading off shortly, with suitable layers and cash.

It's lovely here at the moment. Have a nice evening.

Hope the BSN commentators have been swotting up on who all the riders are,mind you,they do make you laugh now and again 

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

Hope the BSN commentators have been swotting up on who all the riders are,mind you,they do make you laugh now and again