British Speedway Forum
Arthur54

Poole v Plymouth KO Cup 2nd leg 6/4/22

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Oh I think Leicester and Glasgow will! 

We'll see ;)

28 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I hope so! Can't handle Poole winning it again!!

Oh it's not that bad is it?? ;):P

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We'll see ;)

We will, but this is based on full teams of course! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't see anyone getting 40 at Poole this year, as usual they are going to be incredibly strong at home. Which is going to make them very tough to beat over two legs.

I think we will be even stronger at home this year than last. Ben and Zack are dialled in, and Drew Kemp is banging in the points. Was named rider of the night last night. We should always have a scoring reserve. Lawson looking the perfect replacement for Schlein. 

Next week is going to show if we are a force to be reckoned with with trips to Brum and Leicester, and Oxford at home on Good Friday.

Really pleased Lawson quickly shut up the negative posts quite a few Poole fans had with him before the season started.

• Like 5

Just now, gazzac said:

Really pleased Lawson quickly shut up the negative posts quite a few Poole fans had with him before the season started.

I only remember Steve and FB voicing their concerns. But really Richard was always going to hit the ground running so I never had a problem with it after the shock wore off as I thought he was at Plymouth! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I only remember Steve and FB voicing their concerns. But really Richard was always going to hit the ground running so I never had a problem with it after the shock wore off as I thought he was at Plymouth! 

It seemed more, anyway look after the 3 from last year's Easties team, hopefully we'll have them back next year....

52 minutes ago, gazzac said:

i was not to keen on lawson coming to poole before the season started .he has hit the ground running .i would think he will soon be wearing the no 1 race jacket

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

i was not to keen on lawson coming to poole before the season started .he has hit the ground running .i would think he will soon be wearing the no 1 race jacket

There are riders that have never been that popular at Poole in the past. Rory Schlein and Richard Lawson were never popular due to old club rivalries, but don the skull and crossbones and ride for the team with 100% effort and we will support them. Schlein won over the fans, and Lawson will do the same if he continues as he has started.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Was that because you have dislike for Lawson ,because given his track record in the Championship most people would welcome his signing.?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was that because you have dislike for Lawson ,because given his track record in the Championship most people would welcome his signing.?

Just never saw him wearing a poole race suit not got a problem other than that ,which not a problem anyway he looks a class act 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There are riders that have never been that popular at Poole in the past. Rory Schlein and Richard Lawson were never popular due to old club rivalries, but don the skull and crossbones and ride for the team with 100% effort and we will support them. Schlein won over the fans, and Lawson will do the same if he continues as he has started.

I bet he is relieved....What a sos. 

I rate Lawson big time and was gutted when he ended up at Poole and not Plymouth. For Plymouth last year he was top notch, gates consistently, aggressive and fast. To think we lost him because of some daft politics is a real shame. The good thing is I don't think there is any massive beef between either side so we may need to pinch him for a guest appearance or two unless Ed is fit again soon.

• Like 1

Any 'dislike' of Lawson prior to his signing for Poole was probably down to past inconsistent scoring as a visitor or a guest.

He would score double figures one week and then score 3 or 4 points  the next time.

Edited by Skidder1