British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Birmingham 22.4.22

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Cheapest option! I'm finished with bham speedway after last night... Rogers Is a total tosser imo!

Or showing faith with the remaining 6 riders?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Cheapest option! I'm finished with bham speedway after last night... Rogers Is a total tosser imo!

:rolleyes: Ta-ra! :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Despite the scoreline being a comfortable win for the Scorpions - the Brummies really played their part in a decent meeting. Did anyone watch it on Scorpions TV (interested in your opinions) 

Expected more from Stefan tbh, but we all have them days hey. Good luck to the Brummies for the rest of the season

10 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Scorpions way to strong again, they have a great home advantage, keep it going 

Advantage ??

An excellent meeting on another cold night which Birmingham played their part, the efforts of Ashley Morris and James Shane’s deserved more points but Stefan Nielsen rode like he had never been to Scunny before, Zaine Kennedy was my man of the match and won’t be reserve for long.

I said, previously, that Jake was missing a bit of grunt & speed from his bikes & Falcon said his season will start this weekend. Well, Rob said he had a new engine & the improvement was evident even protecting his partner Jordan when required.

Strength in depth was a positive point even though the track must have been slightly different from last weeks second half of the meeting as we did not see the speed on the inside line from Lambert & Kinsley. Birmingham played their part with Shanes & Morris always on the heals of our riders. I expected more from Nielsen, though.

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting at all. I watched it on the streaming and was quite impressed with the presentation ( although the commentator needs to curb his repeated use of the phrase "y'know) which he included in virtually every sentence!) Another smallish issue was the way when everything went totally quiet when there were breaks for the interval and track grading - but these are minor points and I don't doubt that the organisers will put these to rights as they go along.

As a Birmingham supporter, I concede that Scunthorpe were the better team and thoroughly deserved their win - although I thought that the three 5-1 wins to them from the last four races, rather distorted the score a bit. I was well pleased with James Pearson's first race win in heat two, which I think underlines his undoubted potential. A couple of our riders didn't do so well, but overall, I thought both teams contributed to a good night's racing.

See Lambert was pretty poor again… does a change need to be made 

58 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

See Lambert was pretty poor again… does a change need to be made 

Yes, not going to improve and poor away too.

It was a very convincing and deserved home win. I do agree with the others though why they Persist with Lambert is anyone's guess.

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

It was a very convincing and deserved home win. I do agree with the others though why they Persist with Lambert is anyone's guess.

I must say I think Lambert has overstayed his place in the Scunny team, been around too long now.

Unbelievable comments on Simon who is a fantastic person in and around the pits . riding at 2 is the worst position in the team and he's maintaining his home average in a team built to win at home what more can you ask.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

I must say I think Lambert has overstayed his place in the Scunny team, been around too long now.

Yes away from he’s never going to do well..but whilst he’s chipping in at home matches which is what this team is about winning at home..he’s doing ok

• Like 1