British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 23rd, 7pm

5 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

The new 2 minute announcement is brutal. It grinds on ye. Who is the voice behind that

Yeah, I cringed every time I heard it, I hope it’s the first and last time they use that 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Seems I have missed a couple of good meetings the last couple of weeks.

Enjoyed Glasgow on Friday.

If you looked at the score you’d think it was all one way traffic, but nothing could be further from the truth. Bandits had to work hard for the points. Some superb racing. One of the better meetings I’ve seen at Shielfield 

• Like 4

Certainly a better meeting than the score suggests. Some terrific passing moves around a track that gets a bad rap.

Thought we would score a few more, difficult running r/r if you have a couple of men slightly down on their scoring.

Special mention to local lad Nathan Stoneman, def a track he seems to enjoy and always entertaining.

Much colder than I remember up north :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

Certainly a better meeting than the score suggests. Some terrific passing moves around a track that gets a bad rap.

Thought we would score a few more, difficult running r/r if you have a couple of men slightly down on their scoring.

Special mention to local lad Nathan Stoneman, def a track he seems to enjoy and always entertaining.

Nathan certainly entertained very good on the night.That’s Tropical for Berwick regarding the weather.

2 hours ago, Hilly said:

Southern softie, it was cold though, luckily I had two t-shirts on.;)

Agree with you on the meeting, Oxford were excellent opponents on the night. Hopefully we will see you back in the KOC.

16 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Seems I have missed a couple of good meetings the last couple of weeks.

Enjoyed Glasgow on Friday.

Good race best watched with the sound down,those 2 are really bad why do they have to shout :o

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Good race best watched with the sound down,those 2 are really bad why do they have to shout :o

First and foremost… they’re both Bandits fans! Appreciate the fact that the No.1 of their team pulled off a race like that!
Can’t blame either of them for getting excited! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

One of a number of great races on Saturday -- I don't even think that was the best!     Heat 5 was superb.

As for the commentary, I've heard an awful lot worse -- on "real TV" even -- and having two enthusiasts putting words to pictures is no bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

First and foremost… they’re both Bandits fans! Appreciate the fact that the No.1 of their team pulled off a race like that!
Can’t blame either of them for getting excited! 

Haven't even heard it and know it'll be better than Stephen craigan!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

You're welcome to have a go on commentary yourself if you wish? 

• Like 6

You were both superb, and I’m hard to please!

3 hours ago, mythman666 said:

You're welcome to have a go on commentary yourself if you wish? 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 1:21 PM, geoff100 said:

Because it was worth shouting about after the processional racing Bandits fans have been used to in recent seasons 

• Haha 3