British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Stars v Panthers Thurs 21/04/2022

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Palin for me needs to show far more.  He has moments but never enough to tell me he's going to kick on 

Blimey give the lad a chance,he has only been in the top league for a season.

• Like 5

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Blimey give the lad a chance,he has only been in the top league for a season.

He should be capable of better than he's doing so far , he showed alot of promise last season whilst gaining the valuable experience, but he's not showing the advantage of his year in the top league so far hopefully he will soon

Edited by scoobydoo

Palin last year always seemed to mange one exceptional ride in each meeting, showed some good form in Ben Fund. Sure he will make m ore progress this year.

• Like 1

Bad day at the office on Monday...wounded animals..Panthers have got this...Hans owes us a performance to win this..Cmon boys.

Edited by chrismorton

Really looking forward to tonight. Got a buzz back that I haven't had for a couple of seasons now.

The Stars look to have a strong side for home matches and will be nice to finally see Pickering in the Stars colours after impressive performances for Sheffield last season.

Will also be interesting to see how Basso has progressed since the England v Denmark test match in 2019 when he scored 0 from 3 rides.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Bad day at the office on Monday...wounded animals..Panthers have got this...Hans owes us a performance to win this..Cmon boys.

I'm looking forward to tonight. Will be the first time i've seen Basso ride. If he bangs in a shed load of points and Hans has a good meeting, it could go very close. You need Hans firing tonight with no MPT. With anyone able to take a ride for him, i think you could cover most of his points if everyone is on song.

I'll stick with my earlier prediction of 48-42. Lets hope for a good crowd with plenty of Panthers fans, a good atmosphere, and some good racing.

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm looking forward to tonight. Will be the first time i've seen Basso ride. If he bangs in a shed load of points and Hans has a good meeting, it could go very close. You need Hans firing tonight with no MPT. With anyone able to take a ride for him, i think you could cover most of his points if everyone is on song.

I'll stick with my earlier prediction of 48-42. Lets hope for a good crowd with plenty of Panthers fans, a good atmosphere, and some good racing.

Problem for us is Richie Worrall will probably bang in a shed load of points too. 

24 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Really looking forward to tonight. Got a buzz back that I haven't had for a couple of seasons now.

The Stars look to have a strong side for home matches and will be nice to finally see Pickering in the Stars colours after impressive performances for Sheffield last season.

Will also be interesting to see how Basso has progressed since the England v Denmark test match in 2019 when he scored 0 from 3 rides.

He has bagged 20 points in the  2  home and away meetings against Ippo this season. That tells me he has come on pretty well, and was only 17 in the test match. I think he will out score Richie myself. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He has bagged 20 points in the  2  home and away meetings against Ippo this season. That tells me he has come on pretty well, and was only 17 in the test match. I think he will out score Richie myself. 

Corrr, that's a bold claim. Richie is good at Lynn.

Fancy betting one of your pints on it? I'll have Richie, you have Basso. Loser buys the other a pint :drink:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Corrr, that's a bold claim. Richie is good at Lynn.

Fancy betting one of your pints on it? I'll have Richie, you have Basso. Loser buys the other a pint :drink:

I'm up for that :cheers:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I wasn't going to go tonight,but i got the buzz back after Monday.With the highs,lows,controversy and then elation at the end of the meeting it gave me a buzz coming from the stadium with my mates.It does obviously help if you win.The only thing missing was a little dust up between a couple of riders:rolleyes:.Managed to get someone to cover my shift at late notice,although i am going in Friday night to re-coup my wage.Friday night ffs:blink:.Hope the meeting more than makes up for that:D

• Like 2

Ostergaard is giving me Jason Doyle vibes (Late starter in his career who went on to become a really good Speedway rider)