British Speedway Forum
lbw

Plymouth vs Poole (League) 3rd May

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It really isn’t good at all, unless you are Bomber. Racing was off second bend lap one, unless you were Bomber. There was a pass by Ben Cook off bend 4 lap 2 in one heat and if memory serves me, another pass after lap one. It is not a better track than some let you believe. But I guess it’s better than nothing. Too small, too tight and lots of follow the leader after bend two. The home riders know this, that’s why they are so frantic to get through immediately.

Our track must be bad is it worse than yours was last year when it had more holes than a golf   Course and if bomber can do it why can’t some of your more experienced riders do it it’s not like it’s his home track or are you saying he’s better than anything you have got.also if it’s so bad why waste your money going sounds a tad like sour grapes .

Edited by Mike0310

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It really isn’t good at all, unless you are Bomber. Racing was off second bend lap one, unless you were Bomber. There was a pass by Ben Cook off bend 4 lap 2 in one heat and if memory serves me, another pass after lap one. It is not a better track than some let you believe. But I guess it’s better than nothing. Too small, too tight and lots of follow the leader after bend two. The home riders know this, that’s why they are so frantic to get through immediately.

I think the best solution is for me to get down there and have a look for myself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the best solution is for me to get down there and have a look for myself.

Met Steve in person he actually admitted he was a wind up artist and good at it better than me to be fair so anything he says i would take it with a pinch of salt. Turnip talks alot of sense,especially for a turnip.:lol:

• Like 2

Just a liddle bit of filming that I did :t:

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's probably preference. I don't like watching Edinburgh, Newcastle, Plymouth, wolves, Ipswich as don't find that kind of racing as entertaining as full throttle you get at Glasgow, BV, Peterborough etc. I won't say it's bad or boring etc it's just my personal preference

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Met Steve in person he actually admitted he was a wind up artist and good at it better than me to be fair so anything he says i would take it with a pinch of salt. Turnip talks alot of sense,especially for a turnip.:lol:

Steve once told me that 50 per cent of his output was genuine and 50 per cent wind-up and that no-one knew which was which. Including, on occasion, him…

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, lewy said:

:lol:   :t:

I'm glad I'm not an Onion tho because I'd keep getting into a pickle! :lol:

A Turnip just goes round the bend! :lol:

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Our track must be bad is it worse than yours was last year when it had more holes than a golf   Course and if bomber can do it why can’t some of your more experienced riders do it it’s not like it’s his home track or are you saying he’s better than anything you have got.also if it’s so bad why waste your money going sounds a tad like sour grapes .

Erm but you did have the odd hole on Tues as it what caused Barker to come off and they had to sort the track out for ten mins before rerun took place! 

But after that it was fine. 

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Erm but you did have the odd hole on Tues as it what caused Barker to come off and they had to sort the track out for ten mins before rerun took place! 

But after that it was fine. 

Barker just went into the corner too quick and overshot the apex . There was no hole just a berm of dirt ..Danny king was wondering what it was  as he doesn’t get to see dirt much these days .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonnybegood said:

Barker just went into the corner too quick and overshot the apex . There was no hole just a berm of dirt ..Danny king was wondering what it was  as he doesn’t get to see dirt much these days .

Barker himself said he hit a hole that caused him to crash when interviewed on the stream! 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Barker himself said he hit a hole that caused him to crash when interviewed on the stream! 

Lol , found someone who believes what barker says 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Lol , found someone who believes what barker says 

If there was nothing wrong with the track why did they spend ten mins sorting it out before the rerun! 

You defending it by implying Barker isn't telling the truth is hilarious. 

Edited by lisa-colette

11 hours ago, lewy said:

A wind up merchant that can't take being wound up himself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Steve once told me that 50 per cent of his output was genuine and 50 per cent wind-up and that no-one knew which was which. Including, on occasion, him…

Hello Fourentee, hope you are well. 

I knew Steve as a young lad. Used to play cricket with him and regularly went to speedway matches with him all over the country together. He was a huge wind up merchant even then. I bet he has an absolute blast on this forum, knowing how many bites he gets!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Hello Fourentee, hope you are well. 

I knew Steve as a young lad. Used to play cricket with him and regularly went to speedway matches with him all over the country together. He was a huge wind up merchant even then. I bet he has an absolute blast on this forum, knowing how many bites he gets!

I’m fine, thanks. Not on here as frequently as before, but still drop in from time to time. Good to see you’re still about.