British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

Berwick not having much luck on there travels with the one Ambulance scenario.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neila said:

Don't know the best way to get round the issue I'm sitting here now bored to tears  then got a 2 hour drive back to west Cumbria, by the time the meeting starts then 80 minutes to finish cud have been halfway home if no delays :angry:

????? Thought you were going on the toon

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

and years ago we didn’t have paramedics and ambulances in attendance, it was St.Johns volunteers …..times have moved on thankfully.

Obviously not moved on far enough. If this meeting is abandoned then that will be two in the opening weeks of the Championship season. (Birmingham the other). The BSPL need to sort something out regarding sufficient medical cover. These situations can't be allowed to persist. A few tracks have two ambulances which decreases the chances of a lengthy delay dramatically. Should be mandatory in what is supposed to be a professional sport.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ajr said:

????? Thought you were going on the toon

At this rate pubs will be shut after I get out of (b)rough park 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Obviously not moved on far enough. If this meeting is abandoned then that will be two in the opening weeks of the Championship season. (Birmingham the other). The BSPL need to sort something out regarding sufficient medical cover. These situations can't be allowed to persist. A few tracks have two ambulances which decreases the chances of a lengthy delay dramatically. Should be mandatory in what is supposed to be a professional sport.

It's good to see that the Birmingham promotion has listened to the paying public and as from this Wednesday onwards there will be 2 paramedics and 2 ambulances. 

• Like 3

Very unlikely Berwick will get anything with only five riders.

1 minute ago, screm said:

Very unlikely Berwick will get anything with only five riders.

But at least they have a no8 there. 

Hope Proctor is on commission for the scran van.  Must have done a roaring trade today.

A heroic point for the Bandits with some shenanigans from the Diamonds with George Congreve having “delayed concussion” after two rides and the referee being called to the pits after heat 15 to investigate Berwick complaints about Paul Starkes silencer. 

• Like 1

Great effort from Berwick a very well deserved point hopefully both riders not out for long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soupy said:

Was racking my brain for a Hungarian but thought it was manu

I was thinking of Magosi for some reason 

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

Simple thing would be

Fine clubs who cannot deliver a meeting within 120 minutes, and fine them double the amount it would cost to have an extra ambulance etc. There 

For anyone with common sense they would get the extra ambulance just in case 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Shadders said:

A heroic point for the Bandits with some shenanigans from the Diamonds with George Congreve having “delayed concussion” after two rides and the referee being called to the pits after heat 15 to investigate Berwick complaints about Paul Starkes silencer. 

Is all ok though ? 

Paul rode really well today

First of all, fair play to the Bandits for sticking at it and getting something from the meeting with only 5 riders left and also special mention to Bickley for his ride in heat 12 to effectively get us something from this meeting. 

As for the meeting itself, bends 3 and 4 were a problem. In the opening race it was clear it was catching riders out, however nothing was done about it and this led to Proctor's crash (get well soon) in the following race. And with the exception of Bomber in heat 15 it was gate and hug the white line sort of stuff. 

Then we come to the medical situation. Whilst I understand a riders welfare should come first, it is getting on my nerves as to why given the pressures on ambulances etc, it hasn't become mandatory for 2 ambulances to be present at a speedway track. This has to be a requirement asap. To wait over 75 mins whilst the ambulance went to and from the RVI was a farce and any first timers there would be put off from coming back. 

I only live 15 mins away, but apart from seeing Berwick I couldn't stomach watching that every week and I find it hard to imagine some home supporters being prepared to watch this, especially if in the coming weeks Newcastle return back to losing week in week out after a fluke home win. 

• Like 2