British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Peterborough 30/05/22

The Panthers are the visitors to the NFA on Monday evening. It's not been a good start to the season for the Panthers, but they ran us close last month in the cup (47-43).

I don't think we can be complacent, and i'm sure Alex and the riders will know that. Last time Ully started off with 3 good heat wins and bagged 11 points, while at reserve that man Ben Basso looked very impressive on his way to a  14 haul:blink:. MPT is back for this one, and i'm pretty sure he will  score more than the 7 points that RR got for him on their last visit. If we get the same Ben Basso come Monday, it could  be a tight one. 

Thoughts.....

Edited by Bald Bloke

With Richard Lawson now starting to show some decent form against a misfiring Peterborough team, I can see a 10 point starts win..

I'm gonna go for a surprising 47-43! I think Peterborough's top 5 will find form at some point and they could start to at this meeting.

For me it depends on Ben Basso. I'll be happy if we can send the Panthers home with 0 points at the end of the day.. :)

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me it depends on Ben Basso. I'll be happy if we can send the Panthers home with 0 points at the end of the day.. :)

Too flipping right, our turn this season! 100%

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trees said:

Too flipping right, our turn this season! 100%

Your turn, you have beat us H and A this year, be nice to ride you with a full team.

The fight back begins….hopefully

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Your turn, you have beat us H and A this year, be nice to ride you with a full team.

The fight back begins….hopefully

I think it will be closer than some might think, if the Basso of last month turns up again, plus MPT is in town.

Hope we see some good racing in nice weather.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it will be closer than some might think, if the Basso of last month turns up again, plus MPT is in town.

Hope we see some good racing in nice weather.

Don't ask for much do you? lol

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, Bald Bloke said:

The Panthers are the visitors to the NFA on Monday evening. It's not been a good start to the season for the Panthers, but they ran us close last month in the cup (47-43).

I don't think we can be complacent, and i'm sure Alex and the riders will know that. Last time Ully started off with 3 good heat wins and bagged 11 points, while at reserve that man Ben Basso looked very impressive on his way to a  14 haul:blink:. MPT is back for this one, and i'm pretty sure he will  score more than the 7 points that RR got for him on their last visit. If we get the same Ben Basso come Monday, it could  be a tight one. 

Thoughts.....

I think theres every chance of Ostergaard getting 11   again only this time with possibly a + in the middle

KL by double figures for me unfortunately. 

I really think we could end up with 0 wins in the league this season unless changes are made. Only chance I could see us winning a meeting is against Ipswich or Wolves at Home.

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

I really think we could end up with 0 wins in the league this season unless changes are made. Only chance I could see us winning a meeting is against Ipswich or Wolves at Home.

Out of interest who would you bring in? Feel sorry for the struggling teams as realistically who gonna come over? Better off the management going overboard trying to help Hans and Ulrich get their form going. Well Hans is doing well for Plymouth, so just needs to transfer it over to Peterborough!

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Out of interest who would you bring in? Feel sorry for the struggling teams as realistically who gonna come over? Better off the management going overboard trying to help Hans and Ulrich get their form going. Well Hans is doing well for Plymouth, so just needs to transfer it over to Peterborough!

I'd look at riders riding in the Polish Zuzlowa League who aren't riding in three leagues yet. 

Former Panthers Krzysztof Buczkowki would be top of my list. Andreas Lyager is another one I would make an offer too. I would also ask Grzegorz Zengota if he fancies a return to British racing.

Ulrich's totally gone imo. Reverted back to old Ulrich for Glasgow too. Hans was poor in the 1-5 last year where he only averaged about 5 a meeting. Average is built from his stint at reserve where he was putting up 12+ a meeting imo.

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I agree it don't look good at the moment, and i would be looking at making a change. I know the Champ isn't as strong, but there is a  huge difference in some of you riders aves compared to the Prem.

Champ..                Prem

Hans 8.57             4.76

Harris 9.30            5.14

Scotty 8.21           4.36

Ully 6.74                 4.00

MPT 7.89               6.40

As we know Ully isn't going nowhere near his 7 point starting average. MPT will be ok imho. But the other 3 have started the Prem poorly, but are doing pretty good in the Champ?

We have  Lewi Champ 8.15 ,  Prem 3.64, and RW Champ 8.87 and Prem 3.67, but our others are doing ok. and as with your lot, it's early days.

Heat 15 from last month when the Panthers ran us to a last HT decider...

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

There's not much you can do get 40+ year olds back to form. 

Ostergaard should never have been signed end of story