British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Why does everybody hate Poole?

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:P Had to be removed. Pirates can’t lose at home. 

Sounds like the "Boris style" of rewriting history.

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Sounds like the "Boris style" of rewriting history.

Lol. Think there was a glitch in the Matrix. Or an upset mod. 

3 hours ago, jenga said:

feel sorry for Poole tonight and their fans , they wont know how to take a defeat .. 

Yes. Cold showers for the Leicester riders tonight. 

...Turnip] 

Mind yer, they may not look that attractive after me Pirates av finished with em on Wednesday! :D 

You were saying? :D

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol. Think there was a glitch in the Matrix. Or an upset mod. 

If I wasn't a gentleman I might say that unlike last year, Poole didn't forget to put the shale on the track.
But you all know I'm not like that. B) I'll just add (another) 3 points to the Leicester league total. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yes. Cold showers for the Leicester riders tonight. 

We don't bear a grudge do we? But the memory doesn't fade either.

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

If I wasn't a gentleman I might say that unlike last year, Poole didn't forget to put the shale on the track.
But you all know I'm not like that. B) I'll just add (another) 3 points to the Leicester league total. :cheers:

Leicester can't complain about anyone else's track tbf. However at least we stopped you getting 4 league points!! 

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

We don't bear a grudge do we? But the memory doesn't fade either.

Sorry but I do. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Leicester can't complain about anyone else's track tbf. However at least we stopped you getting 4 league points!! 

If you count that as a good result, so be it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

If you count that as a good result, so be it.

Never said it was a good result. But I will always look for the positives unlike some people!! That loss of a point could be the difference at final league table, it might not be. We shall see. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Never said it was a good result. But I will always look for the positives unlike some people!! That loss of a point could be the difference at final league table, it might not be. We shall see. 

Ah but. The real significance of tonight's result is that everyone now knows that Poole can be beaten over two legs. Fortress Wimborne Road is no more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sad day when a topic is deleted when the home team gets beat, Poole fans unable to take a home defeat and they wonder why they get so much angst from other fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Sad day when a topic is deleted when the home team gets beat, Poole fans unable to take a home defeat and they wonder why they get so much angst from other fans.

Don’t be ridiculous the loss of the topic has nothing to do with Poole fans. Looked like the server went down and for some reason the thread got corrupted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t be ridiculous the loss of the topic has nothing to do with Poole fans. Looked like the server went down and for some reason the thread got corrupted. 

Yes Steve I think you are right. We have lost at home before and threads have stayed there. It's really sad when other fans make out we do stuff like that. Says more about them I suppose that they actually think that. 

As an ex Bees fan, always had rivalry with the Poole fans but never made enemies, fought tooth and nail on the track, left the bitterness on the circuit! I miss those days!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Funny how it's just that thread that's disappeared though :rofl: