British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

What averages are we talking about:)

Very...

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Is it time to move the cameras to Monmore Green? It would allow fans a bonus chance to see Bomber on TV, in case he hasn't appeared at their track yet!

Also Scott Nicholls could interview him self as an interviewer replacement for Sam Ermolenko. We must get the credibility back into the sport at least on TV otherwise the integrity of the Premier League could be at risk.

It's about 30 years to late to worry about integrity. Although British speedway of 30 years ago seems the most professional thing on the plant compared to what we have today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's about 30 years to late to worry about integrity. Although British speedway of 30 years ago seems the most professional thing on the plant compared to what we have today.

My lad asked me whether we were going, and I told him no as it was on TV...

He said he knew it was on TV but that he would pay (:o), given he had done a fair amount of overtime...

And said that Jason Doyle and Max Fricke would be good to watch against each other..

I then told him the line ups...

He shook his head, laughed, and simply said "Why do they always run Speedway so f*****g s****e?"....

19 years old, and already so wise...:D

#soproud...;):D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My youngest as only ever been once about 6/7 years ago to Stoke for a Heathens NDL meeting. After the meeting he said he could tell even tho the teams had youngsters in they seemed really professional compared to the running of the meeting. He actually said professionals riding in an amateur sport. He sussed that after one meeting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bruno said:

My youngest as only ever been once about 6/7 years ago to Stoke for a Heathens NDL meeting. After the meeting he said he could tell even tho the teams had youngsters in they seemed really professional compared to the running of the meeting. He actually said professionals riding in an amateur sport. He sussed that after one meeting

"Lions Led By Donkeys"..

Is always a phrase that leaps to mind...

Using R/R for Fricke is a crazy decision.  Stars & Tigers don't have a meeting.  NKI, Holder, Ellis maybe even Musilak, Pickering would be better option.  With Etheridge returmomg from injury, Brennan could end up taking a ride for the missing #1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Using R/R for Fricke is a crazy decision.  Stars & Tigers don't have a meeting.  NKI, Holder, Ellis maybe even Musilak, Pickering would be better option.  With Etheridge returmomg from injury, Brennan could end up taking a ride for the missing #1

It will be interesting to see how the R/Rs work out from the no.1 position. Etheridge at no.2 can only take the heat 15 R/R which will be the hardest of the four rides to cover. So, if Aces want to save that ride for Wright or Zagar, then Brennan will need to take one of the other rides which will mean partnering Etheridge. That could be difficult too depending on which Ipswich pair is in that one.

As for guests  I believe Ellis and Holder are in the GP qualifiers too, so that would narrow the choice considerably. Wonder if NKI was approached but wasn't available for one reason or another?

In that case it was rather foolish to schedule a fixture on the date of a FIM event at which several home riders were likely to be unavailable.  Guessing there was a possibility Zagar & Kurtz could also have been involved.
Europsort cameras should go to Monmore.

No thanks.They've already been to Monmore recently. I'd much rather watch a meeting at BV whatever the line ups are. Plus I want to see how well Zach Cook does. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, mikebv said:

Damn those fixture planners...

Dont think even Bomber could get up and down the M6 between his races... :D

Please have him, he's a bloody pest to the Wolves.

1 hour ago, Col said:

In that case it was rather foolish to schedule a fixture on the date of a FIM event at which several home riders were likely to be unavailable.  Guessing there was a possibility Zagar & Kurtz could also have been involved.

Should've been rescheduled, on TV too ..... jeez

2 hours ago, Col said:

It does make you wonder about fixture planning I agree.

Were the FIM dates known before the Premiership fixture list was compiled? If so, why were any Premiership fixtures arranged at all for this night anyway?

But, on the other hand, why is the FIM arranging fuxtures on one of the UK's priority nights?

Surely the GP qualifiers should be held on non-GP Saturday nights?

3 hours ago, Col said:

For me Monmore’s crowd looks better on TV because they are penned into one place. Apart from that I would rather watch a BV Colts  meeting at the NNS than  a meeting at Monmore. It’s just a personal thing. I prefer a bigger fast flowing track to a slow small one.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me Monmore’s crowd looks better on TV because they are penned into one place. Apart from that I would rather watch a BV Colts  meeting at the NNS than  a meeting at Monmore. It’s just a personal thing. I prefer a bigger fast flowing track to a slow small one.

And you're an Ipswich fan ?

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm far from a fan of the racing at my local track - haven't been since the SooperTroopers farewell!

But Eurosport cameras at the NSS tomorrow will paint a poor picture of British Speedway regardless of how the racing is with 3 riders missing.