British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 09/06

Thursday sees those pesky Witches in town again. Last time the Stars came away 56-34 winners in the cup .But this is a different Ippo now, and i can see this one going  a last head decider. 

I'm not sure if Starke is back, but i doubt it, with Batch and  Riss  able to take a ride;)

Batch seems to be going a bit better and BB looked pretty good at reserve last night at the NSS. Add to that Danny King with his new engine, and no doubt Erik will be on one, so it's going to be tight.

Hoping for nice sunny day, a good crowd with plenty of Ippo fans adding to the atmosphere. 

It will be great if we can send them back to the Foxhole with nil points, but i think it will be a closer than that. I'll be happy with any Stars win in this one.

Thoughts...

TEAMS
KING’S LYNN: 1. Richard Lawson 7.84 2. Lewis Kerr 5.43 3. Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.33 4. Thomas Jorgensen 6.05 5. Josh Pickering 7.31 © 6. Richie Worrall 5.33 7. Jack Thomas (RS). Team Manager: Alex Brady

IPSWICH: 1. Jason Doyle 9.84 2. Paul Starke R/R 4.95 3. Danny King 8.00 © 4. Erik Riss 4.62 5. Troy Batchelor 5.44 6. Ben Barker 4.44 7. Danyon Hume (RS). Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

KL by 10, maybe 14. Nothing below Doyle (possibly Riss) to trouble the Stars, who are much more solid.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

Witches to pick up at least 3 points.....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Atleast,,, they can make 15 by coming third in every race,,, are you expecting lots of non finishers :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Atleast,,, they can make 15 by coming third in every race,,, are you expecting lots of non finishers :lol:

I wasn't confident to predict past heat 1 :P

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

KL by 10, maybe 14. Nothing below Doyle (possibly Riss) to trouble the Stars, who are much more solid.

I think your underestimating your boys a tad. We will see soon enough:t:                                                                                   

We just have to win, Ipswich are on a bit of a high so from race one, get in there Stars!!!!!!

Will certainly need everyone on their A game tomorrow tonight. Expect usual big score from Doyle, so any points we take off him will be a bonus.

Think we should be strong enough to keep Riss, Batch, King at bay. BB is inconsistent. 

With a bit of luck we could have won at foxhole last week, so a win by 8 to 10 points will do nicely!

We could do with NKI on better form than last night in Sweden.He wasn't very good at all.

Hopefully the track will be a bit grippier than last week and then we could see Pickering doing his stuff.

It will be closer than our last home meeting with Ipswich for sure.Can't see Doyle being overtaken 3 times in this one.

If it's prediction time, how many times will TJ go through the tapes?:o

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

We could do with NKI on better form than last night in Sweden.He wasn't very good at all.

Hopefully the track will be a bit grippier than last week and then we could see Pickering doing his stuff.

It will be closer than our last home meeting with Ipswich for sure.Can't see Doyle being overtaken 3 times in this one.

When you look at the cup match, and the teams, i think your right we will need Neils and all the lads on it in this one.  On there last visit they had RR for Riss 1 point.  Aarino for Heeps 0 points, Kasper for Stark 1 point.  2 points for those 3:blink:. You could easily see Riss 8,  BB(for Heeps)  6 from reserve, and RR for Starke 5 points. That's 19 points there. I think those Ippo fans are playing  their chances down just a bit;)

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well your bang on :). Playing down your chances, or quietly confident Taps ?

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

When you look at the cup match, and the teams, i think your right we will need Neils and all the lads on it in this one.  On there last visit they had RR for Riss 1 point.  Aarino for Heeps 0 points, Kasper for Stark 1 point.  2 points for those 3:blink:. You could easily see Riss 8,  BB(for Heeps)  6 from reserve, and RR for Starke 5 points. That's 19 points there. I think those Ippo fans are playing  their chances down just a bit;)

Well your bang on :). Playing down your chances, or quietly confident Taps ?

We're going to smash the oinks!! ;):P:D

• Haha 1

Even without Hume scoring the other five Witches and all the rides they will get concern me, we need to be absolutely at it to get the three points.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Even without Hume scoring the other five Witches and all the rides they will get concern me, we need to be absolutely at it to get the three points.

SUPERHEAT!!!

Pretty please?

• Haha 2