British Speedway Forum

The development of Brennan has been excellent. I saw him race his first race in Eastbourne kevlars and he failed to make it into bend 2 !!!!! He has come on leaps and bounds and I am sure with the right development can move forward. On Monday he was excellent and shows how far he has progressed. He was fast , aggressive and determined. My kids will be proud to wear his colours on Sun !!! 

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 2:53 PM, PhilTheAce said:

Just listened to the official podcast. There is a very good bit with rob Godfrey explaining what happened on Monday. It’s worth a listen. 

also states that the final will most likely be rerun in September sometime back in Manchester and that’s it’s probably not going to be a Monday. 

hopefully Saturday night British final will be back 

Can't disagree with anything he said except he said they were rushing it through 2mins, 2mins, 2mins... this clearly was NOT the case. Eurosport seemed to be calling the shots with zero flexibility in the schedule of the meeting

On 8/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, archie21 said:

How about a rule change for 2023. To be considered to be selected you must ride for a British Club.   

Controversial yes but it will give the riders who race in the U.K  regular more of a chance to be considered then the riders

who to choose to ride only on the continent and claim not to be asked to ride.

Totally agree that to be in this event  you  should be riding for a British Club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are a British rider you should have an opportunity to ride in the British Final.  The only riders currently riding abroad only are Woffinden , Lambert + Bewley so why punish those ?? Majority of riders in the Final were riding in Britain and that field was stretched with the withdrawal of Barker and Cook the week prior. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:29 PM, wealdstone said:

Totally agree that to be in this event  you  should be riding for a British Club 

That's what the Rider's Championships are for... British Championship is a national Championship and should be open to any rider with UK nationality imo

• Like 3

Sorry I do not agree. You are of course entitled to your oponion

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, iainb said:

That's what the Rider's Championships are for... British Championship is a national Championship and should be open to any rider with UK nationality imo

It's laughable tht ppl think u should be riding in Britain to ride in national championships. Bring the best of brits in if any1 beats them good on them

• Like 1

Not 100% but I’ve heard on the grapevine that the British final will now be held on

sunday 18th September @ belle Vue 

If people want foreigners who ride for British Clubs to be eligible to ride, we will have to rename the meeting as The British Open Championship. Or perhaps we should just call it the Premier League Riders Championship

The British Final is to find the national champion i.e. British

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:59 PM, Hackett said:

The development of Brennan has been excellent. I saw him race his first race in Eastbourne kevlars and he failed to make it into bend 2 !!!!! He has come on leaps and bounds and I am sure with the right development can move forward. On Monday he was excellent and shows how far he has progressed. He was fast , aggressive and determined. My kids will be proud to wear his colours on Sun !!! 

Confirmed for Sunday 18th September with Eurosport covering from 3pm.

• Like 1

The track was already booked on the 18th for the BV experience which people have paid a lot of money for and booked hotels, they haven’t even been told it’s been changed, this isn’t the first time this has happened, it happened a couple of months back when the riders turned up and there was an American football match booked on same day 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The track was already booked on the 18th for the BV experience which people have paid a lot of money for and booked hotels, they haven’t even been told it’s been changed, this isn’t the first time this has happened, it happened a couple of months back when the riders turned up and there was an American football match booked on same day 

Really! That is terrible and unforgivable.

58 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Same with a Youth Championship fixture early in the season,  luckily I've learnt long ago not to book anything that's not refundable for motorsport events so didn't end up out of pocket.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Confirmed for Sunday 18th September with Eurosport covering from 3pm.

Won't be making the trip from Surrey - Especially with the RMT strike on the 17th Sep - Avanti will be in a state of carnage. Will watch on Eurosport.

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

They'll be in for a shock when they turn up and find out they're out in heat 1!