British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Peterborough V Ipswich 20th June

Let’s hope he is 110% motivated to prove a point.

Not sure that my expectations are very high but hopefully I am proved wrong.

Any news on what injury Ben picked last night, not seen nowt mentioned, certainly makes them weaker down at reserve if Ben is out for a while.

• Like 1

Certainly was an eventful meeting with a section of the 3rd and 4th bends causing three crashes, Palm Tofts crash was unrelated and then we had Doyle fence Basso as he was passing him.

Nevertheless some good racing overall even if we did have a few fence repair hold ups.

Ipswich’s chance of getting anything from the match pretty much went with Barker getting hurt but Panthers were good value for their win.

I saw the comment about Doyle apologising to Basso in the pits but that’s not the first time this year that Doyle has rode like that and their is no getting away from it, Doyle is a dirty rider, hard riding I can live with and blocking someone is fair enough but Doyle well overstepped the mark last night and rightly got excluded.

• Like 2

Ironic that he used to slag off Nicki Pederson for being a dirty rider..he now makes Nicki look like a gating tart.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

From last week. Cam in white, looks bang on it..

Was there a white? Only saw the white for a split second at the start. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Redpanther said:

I think basso is an exciting rider and just needs too calm down maybe just a little bit but that’ll come with experience and age, brilliant rider too have in the team 

Before he signed for Peterborough i said hes in the same mould as Ronni Pedersen entertaining but prone to over riding at times

• Like 1

Will Peterborough use Palin or Jenkins at Foxhall , Jordan's  record there is quite poor but having just returned will he accept being left out again ?

Edit "Jordans record" as in Palin not Jenkins 

Edited by scoobydoo

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Certainly was an eventful meeting with a section of the 3rd and 4th bends causing three crashes, Palm Tofts crash was unrelated and then we had Doyle fence Basso as he was passing him.

Nevertheless some good racing overall even if we did have a few fence repair hold ups.

Ipswich’s chance of getting anything from the match pretty much went with Barker getting hurt but Panthers were good value for their win.

I saw the comment about Doyle apologising to Basso in the pits but that’s not the first time this year that Doyle has rode like that and their is no getting away from it, Doyle is a dirty rider, hard riding I can live with and blocking someone is fair enough but Doyle well overstepped the mark last night and rightly got excluded.

It was a disgraceful move from Doyle and sticking his fingers up at fans at the end not classy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Will Peterborough use Palin or Jenkins at Foxhall , Jordan's record there is quite poor but having just returned will he accept being left out again ?

Got to be Palin

4 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Any news on what injury Ben picked last night, not seen nowt mentioned, certainly makes them weaker down at reserve if Ben is out for a while.

On updates a 'possible shoulder injury' was mentioned. 

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

On updates a 'possible shoulder injury' was mentioned. 

It was well strapped up and in a sling after the meeting.

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

It was a disgraceful move from Doyle and sticking his fingers up at fans at the end not classy.

Saw this aswell, completely lost his head last night, came across like a careless moron

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

That move from Doyle was disgraceful.  He knew exactly where Basso was as chose to fence him.  He should really have got more than just an exclusion.

Edited by thomasthedog