British Speedway Forum
Bavarian

Great Britain v Rest of the World at Glasgow, Saturday, July 9

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah and gone are the days when things like the League Riders' Championships were prestigious and meant something.

The doubling up has taken away the glory of the sport where riders now ride against team mates in different race jackets every other night.

Cash is king these days.

Cash has always been king but years ago there was no question about good pay, there were good sponsors and loads of fans!

This meeting today reminds me of the great days of best of 3 test matches and world final qualifying meetings on Sunday afternoons at Lynn, flags flying  cars parading awwwww

43 minutes ago, Fina said:

Tai is coming to the end of a very successful career, I dont blame him for picking and choosing what he wants to do now. 

Team GB need to look past him and to the future.  To me a test match is a great opportunity to bring some new riders into the team as a trial before SON, to test options in case of any injury to Lambert or Bewley.  Shame Howarth is ill, would have been great to see him racing today.

Trouble is Tai has blown his mouth off for years about how TeamGB is so important to him, oh no that's wrong, that he wants to win a World Cup with a British team to add to his haul of World Championship trophies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

but howarth with covid. I thought we do t have to isolate now. So no reason to not ride. Personally I think it’s an excuse but who knows. 

The guidelines may have changed but if Kyle feels like I do right now (positive since Weds evening) then I can understand him not riding

2nd time round for me and triple jabbed since the first infection and still feel like I've been run over by a bus!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cook has looked so slow in his first two rides, track is a little dusty with the wind and sun but the racing has been pretty good so far.

Actually been a very good meeting so far. Passing in most races and close racing in the main. Ruml certainly gives you value for money!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, what's up with Cook??!! 

It's in his head when puts GB suit on. Not riding his usual lines or with same aggression 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It's in his head when puts GB suit on. Not riding his usual lines or with same aggression 

Well go and tell him he is riding for GB at Poole on Weds then! Thanks ;)

Well I bought the stream and wish I diddnt now. 

what a meeting this as been. Serves me right turning round. Big mistake that. 

• Like 2

Seems a strange day to run this, especially with a 3pm start, when the likes of Chris Harris, Steve Worrall, Danny King, Richard Lawson & Leon Flint are riding later the same evening... especially when there are some blank Saturday nights coming up with no fixtures in the height of summer!

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Seems a strange day to run this, especially with a 3pm start, when the likes of Chris Harris, Steve Worrall, Danny King, Richard Lawson & Leon Flint are riding later the same evening... especially when there are some blank Saturday nights coming up with no fixtures in the height of summer!

A lot of them on ROW side prob be riding in Poland though. Maybe this a rare Saturday off! 

Brilliant meeting to watch with lots of passing and repassing throughout, and often from the Championship riders. Lambert's hunting of Doyle and getting him on the last lap was superb. The only criticism was the excessive time between races with no grading and no one riding back to back. Rasser will need to smarten up for the GP Qualifier.

• Like 1