British Speedway Forum
Bavarian

Great Britain v Rest of the World at Glasgow, Saturday, July 9

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Not so sure about Tai in his present form,very poor in Polish League this season and it’s not happening for him in GP.Very Doubtful that he will be World Champ again.(only my opinion).Personally think Lambert and Bewley have been more consistent than him this season.

I don't disagree, however all riders have bad spells and Tai is no different to any other rider.  Tai is currently 6th in the GP standings (Lambert 9th & Bewley 11th) so that alone suggests he's still the best of the Brits.

35 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't disagree, however all riders have bad spells and Tai is no different to any other rider.  Tai is currently 6th in the GP standings (Lambert 9th & Bewley 11th) so that alone suggests he's still the best of the Brits.

Fair enough,but there is only 6pts difference between Tai and Bewley,I have not checked but would suggest Lambert and Bewley have higher League averages than Tai.On what I have watched in Poland think there is very little in it. Tai needs to come out of his bad spell soon.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fair enough,but there is only 6pts difference between Tai and Bewley,I have not checked but would suggest Lambert and Bewley have higher League averages than Tai.On what I have watched in Poland think there is very little in it. Tai needs to come out of his bad spell soon.

Agreed, but don't write Tai off just yet :t:

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, chris4gillian said:

Not every rider goes round shooting his mouth off that no one can beat him when he's at his best though, occasionally you have to back those words up with actions. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Tai fan (although he lets himself down sometimes) and all he HAS done. Still hope he's got a few competitive years left in him yet

On 7/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, chris4gillian said:

Agreed, but don't write Tai off just yet :t:

what about now?

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

what about now?

Eh?  Tai was ill so couldn't continue.  Your comment has no relevance at the present time.  

13 hours ago, stevehone said:

what about now?

Tai is still a class act can still beat the best 

I know that, I thought it was about the title race

Anything else coming up this season for the Great Britain speedway team? 

Challenging the Speeway of Nations champions Australia in a one-off test match would be so tempting ! 

I heard tentative talk of an under 21 test/ International challenge, but nothing seems to have come of it.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, Bavarian said:

Anything else coming up this season for the Great Britain speedway team? 

Challenging the Speeway of Nations champions Australia in a one-off test match would be so tempting ! 

A proper 3 or 5 Test series like we used to have would be far more tempting for me

• Like 2