British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Stars 04/07/22

4 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

I’m not convinced slightly completely that that’s all it is I think somethings seems up with tofty in general which is a great shame, just struggled for any sort of consistency 

One rider dropping off form wise you could expect but 5 of them,   Ostergaard,  Andersen,  MPT,  Nicholls and Palin all at once  is really strange

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nine points behind Wolves with twelve meetings (or three fifths of the fixtures) left, its certainly doable. Might need a ruthless change or two, a bit of a punt on a new face from abroad and a dodgy postponement while Puk is away ;) but it could happen. We have three matches left against Wolves don't forget. If we can string two or three results together, get on a roll and put some pressure on them you never know.

I admit to not following any other league but the UK, but i think i see what you are saying :P. What ever happens next season, time is up for TJ and Lewi.

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

but I'm afraid this team won't make the play offs.

1 hour ago, Steve Irving said:

Which of the top 4 do you think you can overhaul? Looks absolutely certain to me that Lynn and Peterborough are the two that miss out

That was obvious a month and half ago.  At least Stars have the cup & pairs.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

While is mathematically possible there is always hope that it can happen however unlikely.

Probably Wolves.

Never, with the exception of Ipswich the other teams are too abject at Monmore.

Edited by Col

7 hours ago, Col said:

That was obvious a month and half ago.  At least Stars have the cup & pairs.

Never, with the exception of Ipswich the other teams are too abject at Monmore.

I think Wolves look a decent side but they never seem to ride well at the same time even at home. Leon Flint looked really good at Poole the other day but struggled at home, I know it's a different league but he should be able to get a decent score at home. 

12 hours ago, TTT said:

Hans Andersen is a very lucky man too. Only reason why he's still here is because of what he's done for us in the past. Would've been sacked if he wasn't a club legend imo.

I would suggest that the only reason he's still in the team is due to the lack of riders willing/able to ride in the UK at the moment, under "normal" circumstances he'd be long gone

10 hours ago, Redpanther said:

Harris is absolutely flying this season, and fair play too him deserves it!!! 

He said earlier in the season, just after his 18 pointer, that he's riding an engine bought for him by a sponsor. If you remember, before that he was just as bad as the rest of the team... let's hope it doesn't go pop anytime soon!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

He said earlier in the season, just after his 18 pointer, that he's riding an engine bought for him by a sponsor. If you remember, before that he was just as bad as the rest of the team... let's hope it doesn't go pop anytime soon!

He has had a few meetings where’s he’s only scored 6’s and 7’s but for the most part especially at home he’s been brilliant 

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Nine points behind Wolves with twelve meetings (or three fifths of the fixtures) left, its certainly doable. Might need a ruthless change or two, a bit of a punt on a new face from abroad and a dodgy postponement while Puk is away ;) but it could happen. We have three matches left against Wolves don't forget. If we can string two or three results together, get on a roll and put some pressure on them you never know.

What your saying here is very true and it could also apply to Peterborough ,   but both teams have the fact to make a change(s) requires the ambition to also be ruthless , i actually think Lynn have more chance of carrying this out than Peterborough at this stage, if NKI returns you have a ready made injection of ambition , but for Peterborough they need to find someone first and if its end of July with Basso's average rising that maybe even more difficult and fear the fact Rob Lyon is giving no indications of looking to be ruthless and that there ambition is at zero at this point. 

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

He has had a few meetings where’s he’s only scored 6’s and 7’s but for the most part especially at home he’s been brilliant 

Actually he's been better than that 14, 12, 6, 18, 10, 14, 11 in his home meetings! Which has surprised me, I suppose when you see him riding here there and everywhere coupled with the below par performances from the rest of the team sometimes his performances can become a bit of a blur.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

What your saying here is very true and it could also apply to Peterborough ,   but both teams have the fact to make a change(s) requires the ambition to also be ruthless , i actually think Lynn have more chance of carrying this out than Peterborough at this stage, if NKI returns you have a ready made injection of ambition , but for Peterborough they need to find someone first and if its end of July with Basso's average rising that maybe even more difficult and fear the fact Rob Lyon is giving no indications of looking to be ruthless and that there ambition is at zero at this point. 

Surely at whatever point the return of NKI is announced he commences a 28 day ban

Lynn have used a facility only available if he is withholding his services which carries an automatic penalty

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Why do people think NKI is returning any time soon ? Poland is late August/early September at best- Denmark mid September and Sweden early/mid September.

They probably think he'll be so crap in Poland (again?) that he'll get dropped (again?) which will free him up to return to Lynn again?

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Why do people think NKI is returning any time soon ? Poland is late August/early September at best- Denmark mid September and Sweden early/mid September.

Most are saying "If" including myself , think everyone knows it may not happen at all but then again it wasnt expected for him to stay as long as he did , 

46 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely at whatever point the return of NKI is announced he commences a 28 day ban

Lynn have used a facility only available if he is withholding his services which carries an automatic penalty

If hes classed as withholding his services does the facility for him expire after a period of time .

55 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

"in the best interests"may come in handy which has been proved by Ipswich and Belle Vue this season:P:)

• Like 2

Panthers with one change could really turn their season around. I think it'll have to be Hans rather than Ostergaard however than goes.